Complaint Review: Mini Vacations, MVI Marketing

• Submitted: Mon, March 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 13, 2006

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Mini Vacations, MVI Marketing
3504 Cragmont Dr. 2nd Floor Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-630-1841
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

MVI Marketing Mini Vacations MVI STOLE MY MONEY FOR MY HONEYMOON CRUISE VERY DECEPTIVE DOWN RIGHT LIED TO ME WHAN QUESTIONED Tampa Florida

I recieved a discounted travel certificate from purchasing a new car.I called MVI to book a cruise in Oct. 2005 ,but the 2-3 day cruises did not intrest me.

I asked if I could get a discounted 7 day cruise for my honeymoon and they said sure.I booked a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise.I sent them a $500.00 deposit and was told that the remainder of the monies was due 30 days before travel.

1 month went by and I recieved no conformation.I called back and that was not an easy task.I spent 20 minutes on hold,then got transferred.I spoke to someone who said that they were backlogged because of the hurricanes and they were dealing with that and I would get my conformation in 3-4 weeks. 3-4 weeks went by still no conformation so I tried to call at least once a day and after 4-5 days I finally got thru.I was given an apology and told that I would get my conformation in 3-4 weeks.

3-4 weeks later I try to call again(this is now January 2006) and I can't get thru on the phone so I go to the internet.Their website is down.I called the cruise line and they have no record of my booking or deposit.

I did some searches and found a few articles that states that MVI went out of business and screwed quite a few people out of their money.

Adam
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2006 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations-MVI-Marketing/Tampa-Florida-33619/MVI-Marketing-Mini-Vacations-MVI-STOLE-MY-MONEY-FOR-MY-HONEYMOON-CRUISE-VERY-DECEPTIVE-DOW-180961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations, MVI Marketing