Complaint Review: Mini Vacations

• Submitted: Thu, March 02, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 02, 2006

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
Mini Vacations
410 Ware Blvd., 9th Floor, Tampa, FL, 33619 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Mini Vacations, Inc. purchased cruise for my boyfriend $849 by Mastercard. this is unfair... what should I do?? Tampa Florida

I purchased a cruise for my boyfriend and I, and paid $849 with my Mastercard. It was supposed to leave 5/18/2006, and I booked it on 1/12/2006. They never even mailed me a receipt or confirmation, as I booked it over the phone. It appears this business has gone out of business and I don't know what to do. Carnival cruises has no record of my reservation! In addition, when I booked the cruise MiniVacations lied to me and told me Carnival would contact me regarding my reservation. When I finally called Carnival they said this is untrue and that they never do that as everything is supposed to go through the travel agency. I'd appreciate any help or advise you could give me. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB, FL Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services, and disputed the Charge on my credit card. Still this is unfair...what should I do??

Geri
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2006 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations/Tampa-Florida-33619/Mini-Vacations-Inc-purchased-cruise-for-my-boyfriend-849-by-Mastercard-this-is-unfair-178976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations