• Report: #200091

• Submitted: Sun, July 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:Skokie Illinois
Mini Vacations
3504 Cragmont Dr 2nd Fl Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Mini Vacations ripoff Tampa Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: TRAVEL UNION/MINI VACATIONS Federal Postal Inspector who is investigating Travel Union

I to am a victim of Mini Vacations. Due to Hurrican Katrina I was not able to take my vacation becuse Cancun was not ready during the dates I wanted to travel which were January 20th thru the 23rd, nor was it going to be ready before my certificate expired which was May 31, 2006.

I was told by a woman by the name of Angie that they could not accomadate me any further and that my $198(reservationn fee) would be refunded within 30 days and I would receive some travel vouchers. I received the vouchers, but no refund.

I have lost a total of $659.95. I had to put up $461.95 when I made the call to Travel Union which I belive is a second party in this whole thing and the then the $198 to Mini Vacations.

I now find out that Mini Vations no longer exists. What about Travel Union of North America? They are the ones you have to fork up money to in order to receive the certificat in the first place.

My intial call to Angie was on Janurary 17, 2006. I feel that there has to be some way that consumers can be protected against comapnes like Mini Vacations and Travel Union of North America.

I also noticed that Mini Vacations uses one address on their letterhead and another on the vacation planning form of 410 Ware Blvd 9th Fl Tampa, Fl 33619. What's that about? I to have called and have received the recording saying you have reached Grand Incentives and the message just repeats its self.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point and want to know is there anyway to get my hard earned money back.

Danika
Skokie, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2006 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations/Tampa-Florida-33619/Mini-Vacations-ripoff-Tampa-Florida-200091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Vicki - (U.S.A.)

We also fell prey to a Cozumel vacation which was rescheduled initially due to Hurricane Emily and then again after Katrina. I have been contacted by a Federal Postal Inspector who is investigating Travel Union (now out of business). She knows who the owner is and trying to locate where his assests are. She said this may take a while but we are hopeful. I do believe both businesses worked together on this scam. Once I called to complain to Sherry from Mini Vacations then Frank DeAnda from Travel Union was on the phone instantly.