Complaint Review: Mini Vacations

• Submitted: Sat, February 14, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, February 14, 2004

• Reported By:Manahawkin New Jersey
Mini Vacations
410 Ware Blvd, Tampa, Fa 33619 Nationwide U.S.A.

Mini Vacations bait and switch Tampa Florida *UPDATE ..Mini Vacations contacts Rip-off Report. They will give everyone a full Refund or replacement certificates in the name of good customer service.

I received a pamplet from Mini Vacations called "Take a break". This pamplet stated that I and a companion can enjoy a 3 fun-filled days and 2 exciting evenings of complimentary accommodations at my choice of one of the fabulous vacation destinations listed in this pamplet. I had three choices. I had to send in $50 to confirm my reservation which would be returned to me after I completed my trip. I also paid another $20 to cover the expense of my children being there.

Well, over the phone Mini Vacations called me and told me I could stay in Massachusetts for the 2 nights(2/15-2/17). The place they confirmed for me was called Bentley Brook Mountain Club Reception Area. The confirmation letter was dated 1/9/04. So in the beginning of February, I called Bentley Brook to check on my reservation. They said I was not on file. So, I called Mini Vacations and they said I would not be on Bentley Brook's computer until a day before (2/14). I called on 2/14 to check to see if they had my reservation. They said they did not have one for me. They said to call Mini Vacations.

Well, Mini Vacations is closed on the weekend. So, I called Bentley Brook back. The front office said the marketing department would call me back. The lady from the marketing department called me back. She said they were fully booked so my reservation was at another hotel. I asked what hotel and she said the Econolodge. I was very surprised to hear that. I said how come I wasn't told. She said they put you where they want you. The idea of spending 2 nights in just a hotel room with 2 beds and nothing else to offer us is ridiculous. I asked if we could use their facilities. She said they were booked. Why wasn't I called?

I feel they promised me and my family a great experience and offered us nothing. I'm very glad I called today. This resort we were going to in Massachusetts is 5 hours away from us. Last time, I checked the Econolodge is not a fantastic vacation destination. I am truly disappointed in Mini Vacations. We are out $70 because we believed in them.

Manahawkin, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2004 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mini-Vacations/nationwide/Mini-Vacations-bait-and-switch-Tampa-Florida-UPDATE-Mini-Vacations-contacts-Rip-off-Rep-80475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mini Vacations