Complaint Review: MiniVacations, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, March 15, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 15, 2006

• Reported By:San Diego California
MiniVacations, Inc.
3504 Cragmont Drive Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

MiniVacations, Inc. Charged my credit card and provided no cruise vacation Tampa Florida

I was given a MiniVacation travel brochure after I refinanced my home through a mortgage company. I called the number and was given terrible customer service while booking my "dream" cruise.

Figuring it was worth the "savings", I booked a 7 night cruise through MiniVacations and they charged my credit card $1,699.00 in Oct. 2005. The cruise was not to be until Feb. 2006. They said I would receive my documents in 8 weeks.

Two weeks before the cruise I had not received anything and began calling daily. I was told they would call me with reservation number....no one called. Finally 3 days before the sailing date, I called Minivacations and was left on hold for an hour. Someone came on the line and said there was a "booking error".
I immediately asked for my money back, and was told to call my credit card company for a refund. Minivacations offered no help in re-booking my cruise or issuing a refund.

I am now unable to get contact ANYONE at Minivacations and my credit card company is giving me a hard time about refunding my money. I will fight this one to the end, even if it means a lawsuit.

I am hearing Minivacations has been forced by courts to refund everyone they ripped off. Yeah, right...think that will happen.

Sherri
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2006 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MiniVacations-Inc/Tampa-Florida-33619/MiniVacations-Inc-Charged-my-credit-card-and-provided-no-cruise-vacation-Tampa-Florida-181317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MiniVacations, Inc.