Complaint Review: MiniVacations - Mini Vacations

• Submitted: Thu, February 16, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 16, 2006

• Reported By:Frazier Park California
MiniVacations - Mini Vacations
410 Ware Blvd, 9th Floor, Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-630-1841
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

Mini Vacations Ripoff Made $500 deposit on cruise which never got nor refund. I am Senior Citizen. Tampa Florida

March 29, 2005 I received phone call from Vacation Reservation Center stating I had won free vacation. After listening to details it became apparent this was to sell time shares. I paid them $450 which included vacation stays at a hotel in Ca. and one in Fl. They made good on the hotels.

However this vacation also included a free 3 day cruise for two out of Fl. or Ca. from Mini Vacations, Inc. I choose the cruise out of Fl. with the option to extend the cruise to 7 days for two for $1500.

I made deposit of $500per their request on 9-19-05 by credit card. The cruise was scheduled for Feb. 5, 2006. I never received confirmation.

I called many times and each time they said it was being processed. Then they told me wanted balance of money or when confirmation came in they would cancel it.

This did not seem right to me and also had waited over 3 months for confirmation which seemed an undue length of time so told them wanted refund.

They told me to send a fax to 813-626-4342 requesting the refund.They told me my refund would be forthcoming less the $50 processing fee. This fax was sent on 12-30-06.

I never heard from them again. I would have followed up sooner but had a house fire plus death in the family so was under a lot of stress.

When I did start trying to call them on Feb.14, 2006. Of course was unable to reach them. I kept trying until couple days ago when started searching the computer for a way to contact the president of the company.

What I found instead was the company known as Mini Vacations, Inc. was out of busines. This is how I found Rip-Off Report.

I would like to know if there is any channel can go thru to recoup my $500.

Also want to warn other Sr. Citizens out there about purchasing these packages which seem to good to be true. If they sound too good to be true they probably are not true.

Illa d.
Frazier Park, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2006 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MiniVacations-Mini-Vacations/Tampa-Florida-33619/Mini-Vacations-Ripoff-Made-500-deposit-on-cruise-which-never-got-nor-refund-I-am-Senior-176611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MiniVacations - Mini Vacations