Complaint Review: MiniVacations

• Submitted: Mon, March 06, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, May 17, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
MiniVacations
410 Ware Blvd 9th Floor Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 813-621-1400
  • Web:
  • Category: Cruises

MiniVacations, Inc ripoff dream cruise vacation Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Same Situation

When my wife and I were engaged and planning our wedding we went to a presentation on dinerware and recieved a phamphlet for a vaction with Minivacations. We chose the 4 day/3 night cruise and sent in a payment of $224.50.

This check #1225 was cashed on 9/26/05 by Minivacations. We then recieved a letter saying they were unable to accomodate us and that our money would be refunded. We waited several months and we have not seen a refund check from them.

I have tried to call several times and have only spoken to one of there representatives in January. He guareented that my money would be refunded within 21 buisness days and changed our mailing address to our current home. Since then I have tried calling and no one has answered the phone. I only get a recording. I have not seen the money and am very upset at there dishonest approach at scamming people.

David
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2006 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MiniVacations/Tampa-Florida-33619/MiniVacations-Inc-ripoff-dream-cruise-vacation-Tampa-Florida-179617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MiniVacations

Same Situation

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I was in a very similar situation, except we never made a deposit. My fiance and I attended a dinnerware presentation by Select Brides, and the cruise was a bonus if we made a purchase. We were told that the copy of the pamphlet we received was not the actual one, but a copy that we had a year to redeem for a real one from Mini Vacations, which would then be good for a year. In essence, we had up to two years to take the cruise. Well, towards the end of the first year, we decided to cash in, but Select Brides told us that the cruise was no good because our deadline had passed. My fiance tried to go above the secretary and the next person she talked to said that the company was supposed to freeze the account and we were supposed to receive a call letting us know the deadline was approaching, and if we were going to use the trip. The basically said: "We forgot to call. Oops. Sorry." And we have no trip. But after reading all these complaints about MVI, I wonder if Select Brides chose to lie to us to cover up the fact that they had been deceived by MVI, so they wouldn't look stupid. But now it's got me questioning if they were in cahoots, so I'm asking you if you received your dinnerware, whether it was SB or someone else. I would like to be sure that the payments we're making on that is good, and that it was just the MVI cruise that was bogus.