Complaint Review: Minol USA

• Reported By: AngryWaterCustomer — Hiram Georgia United States of America
Minol USA
15280 Addison Road, Suite 100 Addison, Texas United States of America

Minol USA Minol Overinflated water bills for months !!!! Addison, Texas

*Author of original report: Thank God they changed !!!!

*Consumer Comment: minol overbilling

*UPDATE Employee: You Are Welcome

*Author of original report: Thanks for the research.

*UPDATE Employee: Minol Response

*Author of original report: Now you want to help???

*UPDATE Employee: Minol Response

Long story short about my water bill history with Minol:

Single, living alone, self-employed, working out of home: 9/09=$57, 10/09=$58, 11/09=$63, 12/09=$54

Married, living with wife who is employed and takes 2 long showers a day: 1/10=$69, 2/10=$77, 3/10=$80, 4/10=$60, 5/10=$78, 6/10=$84, 7/10=$88, 8/10=$75, 9/10=$92, 10/10=$81, 11/10=$103

Married, living with wife who is unemployed and takes 1 long shower a day: 12/10=$60, 1/11=$62, 2/11=$79, 3/11=$117, 4/11=$88, 5/11=$95, 6/11=$86, 7/11=$121, 8/11=$62, 9/11=$130, 10/11=$132, 11/11=$126, 12/11=$143, 1/12=$107, 2/12=$104, 3/12=$93

Same living situation as above, but apartment complex fires Minol and hires new billing company: 4/12=$43

Make any sense at all for 2 people in a month ???

Minol would never come out to check meter accuracy after asking and complaining numerous times. Apartment complex repeatedly contacted them regarding bill accuracy until Minol stated ignoring them. Shower heads were changed in 3/11 when the bill spiked. Limited toilet flushing raised the bill even further.

I've been robbed by Minol !!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Minol-USA/Addison-Texas-75001/Minol-USA-Minol-Overinflated-water-bills-for-months-Addison-Texas-871508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Minol USA

Thank God they changed !!!!

AUTHOR: AngryTenant - (United States of America)

Minol's rebuttal is partially true. My complex's meters do need some upgrading, but I think Minol is using that as an excuse to overbill customers. How do you explain almost 3 months of water bills being $50 or less on the same "broken" meter Minol claims I had and charged me $130+ all those months. Thank God my complex fired them!!!

minol overbilling

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

It is my personal experience that this company DOES overbill and is using questionable billing practices. I too have experienced outrageous water charges, pushing 4k gallons a month, just impossible! Contacted Minol only to get the runaround as you have described.

I think it is very convenient for Minol to put the blame on your complex since Minol no longer is employed by them.

You Are Welcome

AUTHOR: aacohen - (United States of America)

We certainly understand how frustrated a resident can become when they are getting so many sides to a story. All you wanted was a resolution and that is what you should have received. We apologize for all the inconvenience it caused you. We do hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Thanks for the research.

AUTHOR: AngryTenant - (United States of America)

Thank you for looking into the issue. Had I been aware of this a year ago, I wouldn't have been so harsh. My complex blames you and now you are blaming the complex. It's hard for a consumer to know who to go to when issues arise. When both sides are blaming the other, the consumer loses. Had I known it was my complex causing the problems, I would have been on their case as I have been on yours.

Again, I thank you for the research. What you have said about my complex is not surprising. A certain few of their employees have gotten good at deflecting the blame for their issues, instead of fixing the issues.

There's no hope of recovering the $600+ I feel I was overcharged. I'll never get my complex to admit they were wrong either, if that is truly the case. Hopefully both sides will figure it out for the future.

Thanks

Minol Response

AUTHOR: aacohen - (United States of America)

I did some research and found one property that we billed in Hiram. Unfortunately, we were unable to repair the meter issues due to the property not approving the needed work authorization to make the repairs. Please understand we made repeated attempts to resolve the issue. We apologize for your experience with Minol and hope that we have the opportunity to provide you with the quality of service you deserve in the future.

Now you want to help???

AUTHOR: AngryTenant - (United States of America)

During the past year, I have emailed and called Minol on numerous occasions expressing concern about my excessively high water bills. Nobody seemed to care and the standard response I received each time was "Our meters are correct. There is nothing we can do."

I find it rather amusing that someone wants to help me now by posting a rebuttal to my complaint after they have been fired by my complex. Where were you a year ago when I started calling?

Minol Response

AUTHOR: aacohen - (United States of America)

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would please send me the name of your property, we will research the issue and work toward finding a solution.