Complaint Review: Minol Usa

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Minol Usa
15280 Addison Rd, #100 Addison, Texas U.S.A.

Minol Usa Minol USA and Cornell & Associates--In it Together to Rip Off their Tenants Addison Texas

Two years ago, Cornell and Associates, who manages the Willows Apartments here in Seattle, began an impossibility: charging for water, sewer and garbage for which there is no meter to monitor individual apartments. I only accepted the new utility bill because it was cheaper than moving. My average charge, and I am a bachelor and use maybe 20-30 gallons of water per month, is about $45 to $60. So what Cornell and Associates is doing is instigating a community water bill with one of the most uncaring companies in the nation. Just look at all the other complaints against Minol. Well I wanted it documented that I protest such exorbitant utility rates, and now that I just got socked with a $108 utility bill for two months--one person who hardly uses any water--I have to begin my apartment search for a place that has scruples, that doesn't rip off its customers.

When I emailed Bart Flora, the manager for The Willows by Cornell and Associates, he said in letter if there is no tenant charge for utilities that "there is no incentive to conserve." Bullshit! I told him, are you that stupid? Of course there is an incentive! We don't want you to raise our rents! Here you are already overcharging for rents on a building 40+ years old that is paid for, and he said "if we don't get a certain amount of money from the tenants then we get fired!"
So that tells you again how little utility companies and property managers really care about their tenants.

I again pay this utility bill under protest and will ensure that the next time I get a new apartment that it is neither managed by Cornell and Associates or charged utilities by Minol USA. They both are in in for the money. If I am in error, then how come we are being charged for water, sewer and garbage for which there are no apartment meters? You mean, if the guy next to me takes ten showers a day or the lady waters the flowers I have to pay for it? Something seriously wrong with this picture. Shared housing is shared housing; apartment living is supposed to be completely free of shared utility bills!

Matthew
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Minol-Usa/Addison-Texas-75001/Minol-Usa-Minol-USA-and-Cornell-Associates-In-it-Together-to-Rip-Off-their-Tenants-Addi-457621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Minol Usa