Complaint Review: Minol of Addison Texas

• Submitted: Thu, January 03, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2013

• Reported By: Astounded Minol User — Jonesboro Georgia United States of America
Minol of Addison Texas
15280 Addison Road Addison, Texas United States of America

Minol of Addison Texas Fraudulent billing practices, astronomical claims of daily/monthly water usage for apartment dwelling Addison, Texas

I have recently rellocated to Georgia from California.  I have become a renter here in Georgia at a Community which uses Minol for the water usage billing services .  The system that is in place is called "Automated Submetering System", this system is attached to the water heater in each unit and supposedly records daily usage of water for the unit resulting in a bill sent from Minol on a monthly basis.

As this is my first experience with such as system, I did not know what to expect.  When I left California I was a home owner living in a 4bd - 2 bath home on a good size lot by California standards, along with general water usage for a family of 4 there was also usage for watering the front and back yards, car washing etc.

My average 6 wk bill was under $200. for water usage (the weather being pretty warm there and low rain fall, we used quite a bit of water to maintain greenery on the property).  I have been in my unit here in GA for appox. 4 mos.  My first bill for  15 days was for 2,777 gals of water @ $46.45, my second bill for 29 days was for the RIDICULOUS amount of 17,820 gals of water for 29 days @ $200.53.  After much protest to the leasing office - it was then "as a courtesy" amended using an estimate for other 2bd units in the complex to $92.90 - the unit was checked for leaks (which came back negative).  My third (and pending) has come in at 14,710!! gals of water for the billing cycle @ $165.98.  This is absolutely outrageous!

I have done research on the internet and found that many people have experienced the same issues that I am currently experiencing with this company (or worst).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Minol-of-Addison-Texas/Addison-Texas-75001-4503/Minol-of-Addison-Texas-Fraudulent-billing-practices-astronomical-claims-of-dailymonthl-990999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Minol of Addison Texas