Complaint Review: Miracle Ear

Miracle Ear
4200 Alexandria Pk. Cold Spring, Kentucky United States of America

Miracle Ear Policy and Practices Cold Spring, Kentucky

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: reasoning

This is to warn about the unprofessional approach and requirements for potential customers of Miracle Ear services.  In summary, go to a local hearing professional and avoid anything to do with this company.

The bait-and-switch is a common ploy in my 2 dealings with this company.
My first was in response to a full page add that announced some huge savings.
I responded and set up an appointment.
Upon arrival, i received an initial screening that identified my range of hearing loss.
I was told that to proceed to the next step, my wife would be required to attend with me.
I told the representative that that was not at all convenient or necessary.
The rep insisted.
I could only guess that it was to try to 1) sell my wife as a new customer, and/or, 2) pressure me into buying the devises with her influence.
Smelling fishy, I said goodbye and went to a local professional who tested completely and fitted me in one session with LYRIC (CIC) Completely in Canal devises.
This was done without my wife being present and I have had the LYRIC devises for 6 months with total satisfaction.
The price is very competitive to the Miracle Ear ($3200 for both ears per year).
Includes complete replacement for both devises when the battery dies or there is any issue.

Recently I have been barraged with phone calls and mail from the Miracle Ear office, so I decided today to call and see what, if anything has changed in 2 years.
I inquired about the must-have-spouse-present requirement,
The rep said "yes we like to have the spouse there in case the technical consultant is not being understood in the human speech testing"
I said I don't think that is necessary as I have since been fitted professionally for LYRIC devises in both ears and they are working perfectly without my wife being there.
I asked for a comparison price with the Miracle Ear MIRAGE-TM devise.
It took several attempts to get her to give me a price range, and then she did.
WOW.

Miracle Ear's "Mirage"TM brand is over $4000 per devise and you are stuck with it.
The technology improves on these devises monthly, so why get stuck with something that will become obsolete in 6-12 months.
Especially when they do not honor a satisfaction guarantee.

I asked the rep if I could be removed from any further marketing and phone calls.
She said yes and abruptly hung up the phone.
Quality customer service is severely lacking with this company.

My advise, don't bother with Miracle Ear.
As someone else put it, if they claim to work Miracles beware.
Go to a qualified hearing professional and check out LYRIC-TM.
Completely invisible, high-tech and customizable to the specific hearing loss you have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2011 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Miracle-Ear/Cold-Spring-Kentucky-41076/Miracle-Ear-Policy-and-Practices-Cold-Spring-Kentucky-759155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Miracle Ear

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

reasoning

AUTHOR: AliasSmithNJones - (USA)

The reason Miracle-Ear asks for someone to come with you during a hearing test is that they think the person coming with you will be able to help talk you into buying their overly priced hearing aids.