Complaint Review: Miracle-Ear

• Submitted: Thu, September 19, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, September 19, 2002

• Reported By:Licking MO
Miracle-Ear
Miracle-Ear at Sears, 2825 S. Glenstone Springfield, Missouri U.S.A.

Miracle-Ear ripoff - The good & the bad. Springfield Missouri

On 12-14-98 I was evaluated for hearing aids in my home by Licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist L. Wayne Wilson, representing Miracle-Ear at Sears, Battlefield Mall in Springfield, MO. I agreed to purchase hearing aids at a cost of $3,547 & paid in full on same date.

Hearing Aids were delivered to me on 12-31-98 at my office by Mr. Wilson. When I installed them they worked very well and fit extremely well. So well that I was able to wear them all day every day from the very first day. I heard sounds in my office never before heard, such as the clock ticking. Mr. Wilson then followed me home to see if they worked as well in a different enviroment. When talking to my wife she no longer had to speak loud or repeat herself. I asked her to set the TV volume to a comfortable level for her and I was able to hear perfectly. She said it was best Xmas present she ever had.

During the warranty period the left hearing aid had to be returned 3 different times for repairs, being returned twice not repaired. The tast time it has remained in good working order to thus date.

On 9-2-02 the right hearing aid malfunctioned, cutting in and out and when operating had severe static. Returned to factory thru Springfield office where they sent it back to the factory after I paid an additional $193. It was returned to me on 9-14-02 in exactly the same condition in which I turned it in. On 9-19-02 I again went to Springfield (230 mi round-trip) It was again sent to factory for repair. I vented my frustration and anger on the Specialist about the quality control section, or lack of one,at the factory. I was assured that this time the entire works would be replaced. Will see in about 10 days when I make another trip to Springfield (another 230 miles) to pick it up.

The office in Springfield mus have a high turnover in personnel. On my numerous trips there I have never seen the same Specialist twice. When I inquire about the previous Specialist the answer is always the same, "He is no longer with us". This leads me to believe they must have a lot of angry customers such as myself.

Clarence
Licking, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2002 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Miracle-Ear/Springfield-Missouri-65804/Miracle-Ear-ripoff-The-good-the-bad-Springfield-Missouri-30545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Miracle-Ear