Complaint Review: Mirit Great American Inc

• Submitted: Fri, September 17, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, September 17, 2010

• Reported By: Jon — Marlboro New Jersey United States of America
Mirit Great American Inc
24 Halladay St jersey city, nj 07304 Jersey City, New Jersey United States of America

Mirit Great American Inc Great American Van lines Inc MIRIT GREAT AMERICAN EXTORTED MONEY AND STOLE OUR SAMSUNG LCD TV, VERY RUDE BUYER BEWARE AND RUN FAR AND FAST FROM THEM Jersey City, New Jersey

Dear Sir:

Here is a copy of what I emailed the Better Business Bureau:

Dear Sir:

My wife and I contracted Mirit Great American Inc about 3 weeks ago to ship our household items from Marlboro, NJ to Chowchilla, CA. The items arrived yesterday in Chowchilla, CA all except our Samsung 32 LN32B460 720p LCD HDTV (purchased from Dell invoice #84828****). Funny thing is when the items were being packed at Marlboro, NJ they specifically told my wife not to package the TV, they would package it. They did do this, but in my mine they did this to single it out for later pilferage. The whole experience was shady they even tried to extort $200 out of my wife for a tip for the guys she gave them an additional $120 in Marlboro and another $20 upon delivery in Chowchilla.

I am very displeased with the service and I also displeased with the fact that they say only a TV stand was shipped. Number one they wrapped the TV themselves and put it on the truck. My wife was there and I have another witness Stephanie Kashey who saw them place it on the truck as well. My wife called the company and they have given us a claim number but given what I have seen on the internet in regards to this company's service or lack thereof I have my doubts as to anything ever getting resolved. I even went so far to travel up to Jersey City to speak with them but I would not go in without police assistance. I tried to file a complaint of theft. The police did file an incident report 09/15/10 event #206 ***. Jersey City Police recommended that I file a complaint at the courthouse and I shall do so tomorrow. If you need any more information I can provide any and all supporting documents as the original invoice dated 08/17/09 (original purchase date of the TV).  Again for anyone thinking of using this company, pay the extra money and get a POD.  In retrospect I wish I had done my homework on this company.  Only good thing is we didn't get burned harder, others have received far worse treatment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2010 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mirit-Great-American-Inc/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07304/Mirit-Great-American-Inc-Great-American-Van-lines-Inc-MIRIT-GREAT-AMERICAN-EXTORTED-MONEY-641529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mirit Great American Inc