Complaint Review: Mirit Great American

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2012

• Reported By: Matt Doc Martin — College Point New York United States of America
Mirit Great American
Jersey City, New Jersey United States of America

Mirit Great American Brian Blum Dishonest sales tactics and overcharging Jersey City, New Jersey

I cannot recommend AGAINST using Mirit Great American enough. I recently used them for interstate move (CT to NY).

The movers themselves were fine, though only one spoke English. It is a bit frustrating to try to tell someone that goes in that room using just gestures.

The number one reason to avoid them, however, is the dishonesty of their sales team. I dealt almost exclusively with Brian, who gave me a quote, then revised quote UP. He let me know if they took longer than quote allowed for, there would be additional charges. However, if they took LESS time, they would charge me accordingly.

I am an efficient packer, and had manageable boxes ready,sorted, and tables and bed broken down and ready to go. Brian provided a quote for 6 hours of move time, and 1 hour travel time. The move ended up taking 4 hours and 26 minutes, INCLUDING travel time. That was from contract signing to contract finish. So I presumed they would round it to next hour (5 hours) and that is what I would pay, as per previous discussion with Brian. Upon speaking with Brian, though, he claimed that there was an ADDITIONAL 2 hours of Travel Time I was being billed for!!

Now my fiance and her mother were also going to use Great American, depending on how my move went. Needless to say, due to Brians dishonesty and their desire to pad their bills, we are passing on them and using Rabbit Movers instead.

If you have extra cash burning a hole in your pocket, use Great American. If you like honesty, avoid them like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2012 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mirit-Great-American/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07304/Mirit-Great-American-Brian-Blum-Dishonest-sales-tactics-and-overcharging-Jersey-City-New-939948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mirit Great American