Complaint Review: Mississauga Furniture Bank

• Updated: Wed, January 15, 2014

• Reported By: NK — Mississauga Ontario
Mississauga Furniture Bank
Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Mississauga Furniture Bank and Kathryn Palangio Being Charity Organisation they are unkind, rude, biased, uncooperative and refused to donate. Mississauga Ontario

*Author of original report: Who are you?

*Author of original report: Funny !

*General Comment: no...

A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money

This is to bring in your kind notice that I have tried to take the furniture from Mississauga Furniture Bank here in Mississauga but they have refused to me. I pleaded to them, I requested them with tears and could not sleep because I was shocked as to why a charity can be so hard and rude.
My only mistake was that I ordered them some items when there were very limited choice and no good stuff and I refused 5 days before they were to come to my house to drop it because they had new stuff and they had then wider choice. My previously ordered stuff was not boarded on truck, just moved from one room to another. Stuff was not on way. Stuff was not delivered to me that I was refusing. I only know that I am needful person who is deprived of furniture I needed badly and that too by charity organisation and I felt very bad. I will never forget this and will never forgive them.
Frustrated then I wrote on their Facebook that they are not helping deprived people, they blocked me and deleted my messages. So, I did stop writing them and then my case worker , asked me if I want to forget about that or re request them. I said no I would like to again request them. Today, she spoke to me and said that they refused. My case worker told me that they are now not comfortable with facebook message, I left where I only asked them to be kind as they are in business of charity, after which they blocked me and deleted my message and they have requested me not to send any messages or post anything about them. But Why? There is freedom of Speech and I am speaking truth. Am I refused because I am not white? Those who have car can go there and see items and select and I could not refuse even 5 days before? I am feeling neglected.
I wrote request letters to Laura Reeves who is founder of this Organisation but she never replied. I requested her again. I  kept requesting them for about 5-6 days and I was feeling very low because I needed those furniture items and in spite of repeated requests they were not giving me. I also mentioned that once my toddler kids start going to school, I will do voluntary work in their organisation but please give me furniture but they did not reply me.
Governement should not be giving license of charity to rude people who only want to use it as tool for publicity. Charity is done to help people not to promote the owners or its members. I feel I do much better charity than they do as I do it fomr my pocket, from my home and still never boost about it. They take old stuff from people and companies to help people and then they refuse needies. Is this called generosity?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2014 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mississauga-Furniture-Bank/Mississauga-Ontario/Mississauga-Furniture-Bank-and-Kathryn-Palangio-Being-Charity-Organisation-they-are-unkin-1115806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mississauga Furniture Bank

Who are you?

AUTHOR: NeeRituj - ()

By the Grace of God, I am blessed and was never beggar like you. I am highly educated woman who have gone through some difficult times and there is nothing strange about it, anyone can go through such times. I am not stereotypical and egoistic like Kathryn. I only have habit to stand against any wrong happening in society, be it for me or for others. I am amazed how a charitable organization be so selfish and cruel? No heart? Then how come you are charity and why? You are deceiving yourself and othes by being in this non profit business?

Wow, Charitable Organization is enjoying party while Needy person is standing on their stairs and requesting again and again but they are not replying as deaf. He requests, pleads and nothing affects them, so how is this spitting if he stands up, shouts loudly for them to listen. They give 100 harassments that is ok, if needy person gives one shout that is spitting?

By the way, who are you to judge if I am eligible or not? What is your status? Go, mind your own business! If you have identity, tell me who are you and talk from that position and I am here to reply you. Do not talk being Anonymous?

Go mind your brush, and do not argue just for the sake of arguement coz this will not stop at all and they will have yet to see a lot. They do not know whom they have chased is not illetrate or foolish woman.

The struggle I have gone through have given me enough wisdom and power to stand against evils of society!

Have a Very Nice Day!

Funny !

AUTHOR: NeeRituj - ()

1. How funny is this that you were begging yesterday and today you have Computer!

2. What was written on facebook was not spitting but only that you should be kind in business of charity which you are not. Before that several pleading emails were gone to which egoism was kept in the show case. Spitting is your language that you have been taught and are speaking.

3. Amazing, that you are beggar and have nothing to feed your family but have enough time to fight and use abusive language for some one else. Wao!

4. None of the stuff in furniture bank is matching other item. Chosing item is consumer's right. Organisation stands for needs of people. When Organisation do not have but 10 items and 5 days before they have 30 more stuff, so what is the crime to refuse the previous list?

5. Organisation donates to those who have their own trailors to pick up stuff as well as computer and phone to communicate which is not luxury but necessity. There are many people who webt to Furniture house and picked up their stuff and also made changes there itself.

More than Furniture, I expect apology for Mississauga Furniture Bank is standing on the base of lies that it helps the people in need. It does not. It only supports egoism of its staff and yes, it lies too!

Anything else??

#3 General Comment

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

No your issue is that your STILL expecting CHARITY when YOU give none. Had you kept your trap shut you would probably have the furniture by now. But NOOOOOOOOO, you had to be all sterotypical female. And now it has cost you. You cant ask for charity AFTER you spit in someones face or in this case Facebook. Ok we understand youre needy, but you evidently have enough money to afford a computer or a smart device to go online with. There are people out there even MORE needy then you, and Im betting THOSE people wont spit in the faces of the people who are going to give them charity.

You CHOSE to instead of taking the charity they had originally offered you, to instead stick your hand way up that gift horses a** and DIG for better items. That was YOUR mistake. Charity means they give and you recieve. Not "They give and you take but only if it matches your drapes" You spit in their faces by denying them the charity they WERE going to give you. You spit in their faces by posting negativly about them on a social media, then to top it all of you spit in their faces HERE!

Why should ANYONE give you charity now?? All you have done is slapped away the charity you did recieve. YOU were not ripped off and had you done the same to me I would have brought the furniture over and smashed it right in front of you to prove a very VALUABLE point. TO YOU!!!

Do you see the problem?? Can you understand WHY they do not wish to give to you? All you have done in this situation has made it worse. Perhaps you should have just accepted the items of furniture you were originally given instead of looking for better. Thats NOT needy, thats just picky.

I have been REALLY POOR. I mean begging at the church for a meal for my family. I mean scrounging for loose change to get enough to slap a package of ramon noodles or two together and try and feed five people. I can tell you this much, during that time I wouldnt have cared if they gave me a GREEN couch with MONKEY PUKE ORANGE PILLOWS. It would have been better then I had and I would have been grateful that I got that much.

And you have the NERVE to call THEM rude.......Riiiiiight.