Complaint Review: Missouri Wind and Solar

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: AltEman — New York New York United States of America
Missouri Wind and Solar

Missouri Wind and Solar Missouri Wind and Solar Sold me a horrible chinese wind generator and refused to pay for return shipping when called on false advertising/scamming, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: False Ripoff Report

Hey, just wanted you guys to be warned about buying from Missouri Wind and Scam.  Over the phone they advertised a "American made PMA" which was exactly what I was looking for.  After finding out that they were just imported I asked to return the generator for a refund.  They said that I'd have to pay for return shipping despite their false advertising.

The generator itself was sub-par but I didn't expect much.  Just to charge a battery.  It had to get very windy in order for the battery to get any charge.  I also asked about this and was told some lie about making sure the generator is facing a certain direction and to make sure the pole was properly tied down.  One other thing, one of the blades fell off after a week and landed upright sticking into the ground. It could have killed my dog or my wife or me!

I just feel the generator wasn't of high quality, they lied to me to get me to buy it to begin with, the blades are VERY dangerous and they are penny pinching on return shipping when called out on their false advertising.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted a ripoff / scam report but I fell that they are running a scam by false advertising what their product does and just telling people what they want to hear to get people to buy their stuff...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Missouri-Wind-and-Solar/internet/Missouri-Wind-and-Solar-Missouri-Wind-and-Solar-Sold-me-a-horrible-chinese-wind-generator-952948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Missouri Wind and Solar

False Ripoff Report

AUTHOR: windandsolarmike - (United States of America)

You state that the Missouri Wind and Solar PMA for your turbine is made in China, that is untrue. They are assembled here in Seymour, MO in our shop(We show them being assembled here in our shop on a video on our website). We do not sell imported wind turbines. We have seen a number of anonymous reports (a concerted effort by some of our competitors who will not or cannot produce a quality product) popping up all over claiming these are cheap inported turbines. We do not offer any imported turbines at all. If you look on youtube you will see our blades are made here in the US and are very tough, we have drove over them with a forklift and shot them with a 9mm pistol and the blade was still intact. We cannot say the same for our competitors recycled blades, they shattered when struck by a bullet.

There are two sellers on EBay that have advertised or still advertise used Missouri Wind and Solar wind turbines that are not our products. They use their own returned parts and paint the blades to look like ours, but they are truly cheap knock offs! The two who sell on EBay are qaz661 and aeq007, if you compare what we show on our videos to what they are selling you will see the difference. If indeed you are telling the truth, you could have posted an invoice # or authentic paperwork. We do have a store on EBay, it is raptor417, go there if you want to buy the real thing.

Show me photos of your turbine and we will see if it is ours or a cheap knock off from somewhere else. Hiding behind an anonymous name is not reporting a ripoff, it is committing a fraud by making false statements. Show me the invoice from Missouri Wind and Solar, blank out your personal information, we will be able to identify you by the invoice # and we can tell you if it was ours or not.

Why is there no name or handle to identify the person who has made the complaint. Most folks who feel they have a complaint would leave at least their first name and last initial, I have when I have made complaints. If there is a true problem we try very hard to make sure we have covered all the bases and make sure that the customer has built the turbine properly and connected everything properly. We are a do it yourself supply and cannot be responsible for a customer doing a poor job.