illness

Complaint Review: Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, LLC, Assignee Of Fingerhut

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2003

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, LLC, Assignee Of Fingerhut
7 Penn Plaza, 18th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.

Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, LLC, Assignee Of Fingerhut scam, ripoff, false billing, extorsion New York New York

I have excellent credit, have never missed any payment or been late on anything, and carry no debt on my credit cards.

Today I got a letter from the Law Offices of Mitchell N. Kay, with a reference number, and balance due of $116.82.

Creditor: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC, assignee of Fingerhut.

In bold letters: AN OPPORTUNITY
RJM Acquisitions is reporint the above account as "delinquent" on your credit report. Upon receipt of $116.82, RJM will
UPDATE ITS REPORTING OF THIS ACCOUNT TO PAID-IN-FULL WITH A ZERO BALANCE ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT

They explain that to ask them them anything but how to pay, you must send them a request in writing within 30 days. Their 1-888-744-3431 number just has payment instructions.

I have never bought anything from RJM or Fingerhut.

After reseaching a bit and finding some of the same scam on this site, I called Fingerhut, which turns out to be a catalog retailer. Their customer service person asked me who the letter was from and gave me this number to call: 1-800-886-0026. This turned out to be RJM, where a lady asked me for the reference number, then said that I showed an item from October 1996 listed as "NCM BASE First US" for $116.82. I told her I had no idea what that was. She said she would clear it and send me a letter. I asked her how this happened and she said she didn't know.

I guess a percentage of people assume they forgot to pay some bill and just send them payment. I think either RJM or this Mitchell N. Kay is involved in this scam where they send random collection letters to people, but maybe it is some kind of computer error.

Carlos
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mitchell-N-Kay-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-Assignee-Of-Fingerhut/New-York-New-York-10001/Mitchell-N-Kay-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-LLC-Assignee-Of-Fingerhut-scam-ripoff-false-62640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mitchell N. Kay, RJM Acquisitions Funding, LLC, Assignee Of Fingerhut