Complaint Review: Mks Simple Escapes

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2003

• Reported By:Riverside California
Mks Simple Escapes
750 Washington Blvd Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Mks Simple Escapes ripoff I was charged $134.95 by this company Stanford Connecticut

I was scammed by this company they call simple escapes. Last month I received an e-mail stating that if I don't cancel my membership I'd be charged for it. I didn't recognize the name so I did a search and came up with all kinds of scam reports from other people. That's when I checked my bank account and noticed a $1.00 debit charged from Simple EScapes. So I called the company and told them I wanted to cancel even thou I never joined in the first place and I wanted to make sure I would not be charged in the future.

I also asked how they got my account information and she told me it was from AOL!!!

I was given a cancelation # from them and they even credited back the $1.00.

The next month I was charged $134.95 by this company. I cancelled my bank card and my bank will do an investigation on the issue. I should get the money back but it has been a lot of time and stress.

Natalie
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2003 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mks-Simple-Escapes/Stanford-Connecticut-06901/Mks-Simple-Escapes-ripoff-I-was-charged-13495-by-this-company-Stanford-Connecticut-74095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mks Simple Escapes