Complaint Review: Mks

• Updated: Sat, May 17, 2003

• Reported By:sharpsburg Maryland
Mks
Hartford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Mks Simple Escapes Memberworks illegal fraudulent ripoff business Hartford Connecticut

Mks Simple Escapes Aka Memberworks stole money from checking account using illegal practices fraudulent ripoff business Hartford Connecticut .....

I checked my online bank statement on 5/15/03 and found a charge of 134.95, i had no idea what this was so i contacted bank, had to wait til end of day and found out it was a charge to MKS Simple Escapes2. I had no idea what this company or charge was, so I did a search online, the only thing that came up was this website. I read other online complaints and thats how i found this company's phone number.

I contacted them and found out this charge was autorized through AOL by someone in household clicking on a pop-up ad that offered a free $25 gift card, which was not ordered or received. No one in household accepted this offer (only i or my 7 year old use computer, and his account is set up for young child). I was told i would receive a refund in 3-5 business days from mks simple escapes, meanwhile i only keep enough in bank to cover checks that i have out, therefore i have had two transactions that have bounced causing fees for insuffient funds.

I am waiting for refund but am at a loss for who i am to go after (aol or MKS) to recoupe what i am out. If i receive a refund i will post. Anyone who has experienced this I would appreciate if they would contact me at. I need to know how I am to get the money back that i am out due to no fault of my own. Also when i called MKS, they could not find me in their database i had to give them my card #, and i was told card was processed using my account number but a different name that was not listed on account.

Christina
sharpsburg, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2003 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mks/Hartford-Connecticut-06902/Mks-Simple-Escapes-Memberworks-illegal-fraudulent-ripoff-business-Hartford-Connecticut-57374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mks