• Report: #920156

• Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: Philip — new york New York United States of America
Mobile Device Protection Agency
Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Mobile Device Protection Agency Mobile Device Protection Association, LLC Denied paid coverage for Lost Phone Boca Raton, Florida

For 13 months, I have been paying to have my phones insured against Damage, Theft and LOSS. My phone became lost one Saturday night in NYC. MDPA declared my cellphone loss as an Unsecured Loss and denied my claim. How does one lose their cellpone "securely"? What does Loss mean? What are the acceptable ways to Lose one's phone so that the device may be replaced once such a Loss has occurred?

None of these questions could be answered by the MDPA Account Manager of whom I was unable to have direct contact with. MDPA Account Managers work on claims solely from the internet and do not have access to phones - according to the customer service rep I spoke with on the phone. I have cancelled my insurance with them. Wasted 13 months of payments to have them cover my equipment against Loss, Damage and Theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mobile-Device-Protection-Agency/Boca-Raton-Florida-33488/Mobile-Device-Protection-Agency-Mobile-Device-Protection-Association-LLC-Denied-paid-cove-920156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mobile Device Protection Agency