Complaint Review: Mobile Device Protection Assocation, LLC

• Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: CarlettaW — Fort Washington Maryland United States of America
Mobile Device Protection Assocation, LLC
PO Box 880428 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Mobile Device Protection Assocation, LLC MDPA "Buyers BEWARE and KNOW your RIGHTS" file a report with the Federal Trade Commission Boca Raton, Florida

As Ive read everyones complaint surrounding Mobile Device Protection Association I was placed in the same similar situation. I had just relocated to the DC/VA area after doing a three year tour overseas. I went online and utilized my Mileage plus Program through United and purchased a EVO phone plan through Sprint. After I placed my order days later I received my phone and was provided a contact number to call to have my phone activated. I contacted what I thought was Sprint but I later finding out it wasnt. Any who, I spoke with an agent who offered me a warranty plan for loss or stolen phone I asked even dropped or damaged the reply I received was yes. So I agreed to the annual plan and paid for the warranty.

No less than about two months I decided to visit one of my girlfriends and I spent the night at her house. Before going to bed I had plugged my phone into the outlet to be charged along with my ear piece. [continued below]....
..... When I awoke, my phone was gone. Of course I asked everyone that was there had they seen my phone; the reply I got was no. So I put a tracer out on my phone with no luck so I decided to file a police report for my stolen phone. The police officer was very nice and took all my information and he provided me with the case number, his badge ID, and contact information to provide to the MPDA. Well, after I opened a RFS request through there site, I was later Denied on the bases I had my phone Unsecure and I was Negligent. Of course I replied and there Customer Service Representative emailed me stating they I was categorized as unsecured loss. So of course I was very upset and I even replied afterwards but was told to wait 24 to 48 hours for them to reconsider.

Well, yesterday 18 Oct I emailed there Customer Representative stating I hadnt heard anything since you told me to wait 24 to 48 hours that was 6 days ago. I never received a reply. I even asked about the police report I filed and nothing. So I decided to file a Claim with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) concerning my rights as a Consumer. WE HAVE RIGHTS they are there to protect consumers from being scammed and taken to the bank. Well, so everyone knows, Federal law requires that warranties be available for you to read before you buy. I did not receive their documentation until 3 days after I placed my order. ITS ILLEGAL for the company to do this We as a consumer have to be provided this information for our protection.  So FILE a COMPLAINT, more complaints is the better so FTC can investigate and run this company out of business. More information on Federal Trade Commission visit: http://www.ftc.gov I will not stand by and let this company steal a dime from me. Not only are they going to pay me all my money but they are going to pay for the cost replacement of my phone.

Is never to late for a consumer to file a report... You too can get your money back... Stand up and Fight for what's rightfully yours.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mobile-Device-Protection-Assocation-LLC/Boca-Raton-Florida-33488/Mobile-Device-Protection-Assocation-LLC-MDPA-Buyers-BEWARE-and-KNOW-your-RIGHTS-file-a-790546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mobile Device Protection Assocation, LLC