Complaint Review: Mobile Messenger, MQube, AllTXT4

• Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
Mobile Messenger, MQube, AllTXT4
www.mobilemessenger.us Nationwide U.S.A.

Mobile Messenger, MQube, AllTXT4,Mobile Messenger, MQube, AllTXT4 Fraudulent charges to cell phone bill, trick you to sign up for subscription Watertown And Los Angeles Massachusetts and California

*Consumer Comment: Cell Phone Comapnies Get a Cut of the Profits

This is such a scam and I am shocked that Verizon Wireless participates in it or will not cooperate with me on it. I stupidly..I admit it..took an IQ test and also did another quiz (dont remember which one), and in the process I gave my cell phone no. (first mistake). The results both times were sent to my cell phone via text message. The msg read that I had now subscribed to their service for $9.99 a month and if I wished to stop the service to text back "stop". So I did that to both, immediately. Yet, the next cell phone bill I received had 2 charges for $9.99.

I called Verizon, who didnt seem to care.. they said they would block further charges and gave me the name of MQube and a number to call 800-235-7105. That is an automated no. where you put in your phone no to stop the subscription. I also called the number on my bill and reached a woman by the name of Iris at Mobile Messenger. She told me that 1) Once I get the first text msg, I have to pay that inital charge of $9.99, and 2) they will reimburse me by check for one charge only as a courtesy but I am stuck with the 2nd charge. Now these were 2 different companies supposedly, 2 different quizzes/games, however it is actually all one! I asked "Iris" to stop these subscriptions once again, and said I would not accept any further charges. And guess what..this month, yep! 2 charges for $9.99 on my Verizon bill once again.

I am absolutely livid and plan to definitely file a complaint with the FCC, and whoever else I can find to file one with. From what I can see MQube is located in Massachusetts and Mobile Messenger in California however they are both the same company. This is such an unbelievable scam it is scary..and one would hope that your cell phone carrier would want to help you and support you, especially if you are a longstanding customer such as I am. I am appealing to them tomorrow and they had better take those charges off my bill as I have No intention ito pay those charges and will deduct them from my payments forever if I have to. I googled Mobile Messenger and MQube and found complaints like mine on this site, Ripoffreport.com. Why are these companies allowed to continue this travesty?

Deb
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2009 10:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mobile-Messenger-MQube-AllTXT4/nationwide/Mobile-Messenger-MQube-AllTXT4Mobile-Messenger-MQube-AllTXT4-Fraudulent-charges-to-ce-409426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mobile Messenger, MQube, AllTXT4

Cell Phone Comapnies Get a Cut of the Profits

AUTHOR: Cyndi - (U.S.A.)

Your cell phone provider is not going to be inclined to help. They get a portion of the money billed by Mobile Messenger on these scams. Some cell phone companies do reverse the charges. Others do not. You will find that AT&T settled a class action law suit related to this type of activity. The practice continues though, because the cell phone companies make a profit off this scam too.