Complaint Review: Mobile Messenger Tones

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2007

• Reported By:Medina New York
Mobile Messenger Tones
mobilemessenger.com Internet U.S.A.

Mobile Messenger Tones ripoff Unauthorized Cell Phone Text Message Charge Internet

*Author of original report: Follow-up

*Author of original report: Follow-up

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Mobile Messenger

I received my daughter's cellphone bill from Verizon Wireless for billing cycle June 13 2007 - July 12 2007. The bill included a line item on July 2 2007 at 12:19PM for $19.99. It had a Usage Type of "Premium TXT Messaging", and a Description of "PREM_SMS 71888 RingTones_71888".

My daughter did not order this. I called Verizon Wireless to find out more about this charge. The customer rep at VW told me it was from a company called "Mobile Messenger Tones", and gave me the phone number 800-235-7105.

I called this number to get my money back but it was an automated response. I was allowed to enter my daughter's cellphone number (hesitantly, but I figured they already had it) to cancel any further charges.

Carl
Medina, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2007 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mobile-Messenger-Tones/internet/Mobile-Messenger-Tones-ripoff-Unauthorized-Cell-Phone-Text-Message-Charge-Internet-263590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mobile Messenger Tones

AUTHOR: Carl2e - (U.S.A.)

I have been monitoring my bills since I reported the incident above. I have not been charged since I entered my daughter's cellphone.

Regarding the company's claim that a double-entry is required to receives services, this might be so. I cannot claim I know what my daughter did. However, there seems to be a flaw in the system when anyone of any age can sign up for a service.

AUTHOR: Carl2e - (U.S.A.)

Response from Mobile Messenger

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

Mobile Messenger is an industry leading global Business to Business service provider of mobile entertainment products and Billing. Our primary services are to provide delivery and billing of mobile phone content for companies that wish to offer mobile entertainment products to consumers.

As part of our service offering we have also taken on the process of Customer Care for our clients. This provides the consumer with a reliable contact to manage any issues they may have. Our customer care service has been recognized as the best in the Industry.

As a company we pride ourselves on customer service. Mobile Messenger now has live Customer Call Centre locally in the US and Australia. These centres have been positioned within their respective consumer regions with a view to address consumer contact quality of service, speed of service, and efficient execution of service.

As a company Mobile Messenger and its clients adhere to the regulations set by the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) and all carriers across the US. The business model operated within the US for premium cell phone services is a highly regulated industry. Consumers must double opt-in, meaning they must verify they are the owner of the device and are accepting the chargers.

If a consumer would like to be unsubscribed from anyone of our clients campaigns, it is very simple, they can send in the word STOP to the shortcode eg33999, send an email to our contact centre escalationsus@smshelpdesk.com or call our USA Contact Centre on 1 800 416 6129. These instructions are also provided on all advertising material, the original welcome message and the billing reminder messages they receive each month.