Complaint Review: Mobile Messenger

Mobile Messenger
www.mobilemessenger.com Internet, U.S.A.

Mobile Messenger I.Q. Quiz that stole my money! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: MOBILE MESSENGER

There was an ad to take an I.Q. quiz on the facebook website. I enjoy taking quizzes for fun, so I clicked on the link. I took the quiz and was told I needed to provide my phone number in order to receive the results; they would be texted to my cell phone. Stupidly, I typed in my number. I get the text and go on without a second thought.

Then, I started receiving strange text messages from a number 91097 that may say, "Find out who likes you, for help txt back" or something else of that kind. I found it strange, but didn't know what to do.

Last month, I finally got a text that said I could cancel my subscription by texting back "STOP," so I did. I stopped getting any more text messages and thought everything was fine.

However, I began noticing other strange charges on my phone bills. I had a $9.99 charge for downloading ringtones to my phone. Since I began my new contract with my phone company, I haven't downloaded any ringtones. I found this fishy. I decided to review my past bills since I took the quiz to see if there were similar charges...There were.

I googled the number 91097 to see if anyone else had shared this experience. More people have experienced this same thing than I thought! I can't let this continue happening. I'm going to call my cell phone company, and hopefully, cancel this ridiculous charge for something I never subscribed to in the first place.

Now I know what it feels like to be the biggest idiot.

Anna
Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2009 04:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mobile-Messenger/Internet-/Mobile-Messenger-IQ-Quiz-that-stole-my-money-Internet-463960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mobile Messenger

MOBILE MESSENGER

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 1-866-390-6184 Monday to Friday 0600 1800 US Pacific Time or email blog@sms-helpdesk.com

Sandra