Complaint Review: Mobile Messenger

www.mobilemessenger.com Internet U.S.A.

Mobile Messenger Unauthorized charges on cell bill Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Mobile Messenger

*UPDATE Employee: Mobile Messenger

I had the same problem as many others with Mobile Messenger. My 13 yr. old son took an I.Q. quiz online, and when he entered his cell #, this company automatically signed him up and billed us (the parents) $9.99. This happened to my husband about a year ago...same exact deal...took a quiz online, next month, bill had charges. Fortunately for us, I was able to contact the company, and was told I would receive a refund check for the $9.99 in about four to six weeks. I am still not paying the amount on the bill, because I don't trust them to actually refund the money. The email address above and the phone # are both correct, as I actually received communication from both. My best advice is to stay away from anything online that requires you to enter a phone number...quizzes and so forth. They will get you every time. I was lucky enough this time to get a response from them, mostly because of the age of my son. If you read their terms, you have to be 18, and "double opt in" by verifying that you are who you say you are, and accepting the charges, either by replying to a text or whatever. My boy just took a quiz. I know he didn't reply to anything. He just entered his cell number to get results. Good luck to everyone else who gets sucked into their little web of deception. Everyone scammed by this company needs to band together and put all these companies out of business for good.

Karen
frontenac, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2009 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mobile-Messenger/internet/Mobile-Messenger-Unauthorized-charges-on-cell-bill-Internet-439759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mobile Messenger

Mobile Messenger

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 1-800-416-6129 Monday to Friday 0600 1800 US Pacific Time or email [email protected]

Sandra

Mobile Messenger

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

Sandra