Complaint Review: Model Placement Center

• Updated: Tue, June 18, 2013

• Reported By: sydstar — Holiday Florida
Model Placement Center
126 3rd Ave North Safety Harbor, FL SAfety Harbor, Select State/Province USA

Model Placement Center PLEASE do not use- they are scammers!!!! Safety Harbor Florida

When signing my daughter with MPC, we informed them that she had headshots with a VERY reputable photographer. I was told that they would need shots from their own photographer. I was told to bring in my photos once my own photographer had them ready, and they would promote her even though they had not shot their own pictures yet. I was told by Miranda that my daughter was client from the moment I signed, not from they moment they shot. I had given them compcards that were already made up, and assumed they would keep in touch when she was needed or requested. When setting up appointments with Miranda, she was made aware that I was not sure of exact date we could come in and shoot. I was told by her no problem, lets put a date down so it is on the books and we can change it when the time gets closer. When it was time, I did incur a rescheduling fee, which she had originally told me not to worry about. At that time, I still was not sure when I was able to pay the entire balance needed, and did not want to give a date in order to not incur another $150 fee. During this time, they charge a credit card that they were NOT authorized to the balance due. This is when I started to do research on this company and found it to have MANY complaints against them. During this time, they had not referred any jobs to my child or even had any correspondence from them regarding my child. In fact I had a photographer walk into their office with the same compcard they have of my daughter and was told by Red that they would have no interest in her.  At that time, I knew that they were a scam company only looking for money and not a reputable agency. When they contacted me to reschedule or pay, I told them I was not going to reschedule, and they had not promoted my daughter in any way. When I looked at my contract it stated there was a $250 cancelation/ no show fee, so I cancelled knowing I would not be refunded the $250 I had already given them, and learned a hard lesson. They are now taking me to court for the remainder of cost stating breech of contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2013 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Model-Placement-Center/SAfety-Harbor-Select-StateProvince/Model-Placement-Center-PLEASE-do-not-use-they-are-scammers-Safety-Harbor-Florida-1059970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Model Placement Center