Complaint Review: Model Productions

• Reported By:covington Georgia
Model Productions
Covington, Georgia U.S.A.

Model Productions Covington Georgia

*Consumer Comment: An old trick...

I went to the mall and they imdiately made us sit and wait. Then they called us to sign in and then told us to sit down and sign a paper stating i was going to have to pay 3 payments of $50 dollars. I was worried about the money they told us that as a 13 yr old i should worry about that that our parents should well i had a gut feelin about that . She critsesed me saying things that i really honestly didn't do wrong. After that they chose all of the people. even a dork who didn't model correctly he modeled like he was high. Charged me and me family $150 for me my 2 sisters.

Then I find out on this website it was a scam and all over google messed up what they did to me and my family. we were close to doing our "photoshoot" Tommorow . Guess what i found out and asked my parents to bounce the check at the bank or canceled it thank god. They hadn't cashed it in :) i am happy and striving for bigger and better things with another agency soon at the end of january

Wendy19
covington, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Model-Productions/Covington-Georgia-30016/Model-Productions-Covington-Georgia-409784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Model Productions

An old trick...

AUTHOR: Afazchas - (U.S.A.)

This company has currently set up shop in my local mall. I was approached to 'try out' for a chance at 'exclusive modeling jobs' because I had a 'great look'.

I told her I was interested in getting work and always looking for contacts and then proceeded to hand the 'scout' my business card with my self-setup portfolio web address and headshot on it and told here where she could review my work.
It was obtusely funny because she looked so taken aback.

I've been involved with local acting since I was 4 years old, and I've seen every trick in the book; this is an old one.

NO LEGIT AGENCY WILL MAKE YOU PAY TO 'QUALIFY' FOR A CONTRACT!

Wendy, I hope they get none of your parents money and I would honestly pursue suit with them for leading a minor to sign a contract with out parental consent or advisement.

Please check out (((Redacted))) for more information that's vital to anyone wanting to work in the talent industry.

Other than that, considering your age: there is so little you can do on your own right now to further your career. Its a crappy fact but true, your parents will have to do a large amount of leg work until you are 16 or so. So, my advice is sit down with mom and dad as professionally and maturely as you can and express your interest in this to them. If they allow you open internet access, go to craigslist.org or modelmayhem.com and search for work. These are to reputable FREE sites I've used to get work. Of course, you have to know what your looking for...these scams are prevalent on craigslist and on MM you will get some pervs every once and while; it's well moderated though so they aren't there for long.

Another good place is department stores. Speak to apparel dept. managers and see if they have any seasonal shows coming up. You'd be surprised how many times they'll let you in on how to get in on these shows. I've done it a couple of times, they're insanely fun.

Do some Time-For-Prints (TFP) or Time-For-CD (TFCD) work and then when you have a bit compiled have your parents research local agency's. You may have to check in a nearby larger city. Pitch what you have in an open call and see what happens. If they sign you fantastic! If not ask and listen to any constructive criticism, do some more work and try again.

Yes there is a lot of leg work to be done to start with but no it should not cost you a fortune.

If at any point any type of modeling/acting school or agency wants to 'sign you' but you have to buy a portfolio or comp cards in exchange for 'a shot at' auditions RUN!
Do not even remotely think about giving them money.