Complaint Review: Model Scouts - Minx Models - VMH Models

• Updated: Mon, October 02, 2006

• Reported By:henderson Nevada
Model Scouts - Minx Models - VMH Models
Www.modelscouts.com, Alberta Canada

ModelScouts - Minx Models - VMH Models they are not a licensed talent agency ripoff Internet

*General Comment: Moderlscouts.com is a scam

*Consumer Comment: MODELSCOUTS.COM IS 100% FOR REAL! TRUST THEM!

*Consumer Comment: what a surprise

*UPDATE Employee: Minx/VMH Models ARE LICENSED AGENCIES - Models have nothing to do! The claim is completely false. They are a member of the BBB

*UPDATE Employee: Chicago, Illinois has posted false & misleading information about ModelScouts.com.

Scam company. All websites ran by the same company, developed by the same web designers etc, yet they do not expose this fact. Other valid info I refuse to post, because then they would try to cover their tracks. Don't waste your money or time. Impossible for them to send pictures to all major agencies and then get a response within 10 days. Fraud. Refused to answer emails after they took my money. Offered no proof that they did any work. Never gave me their "scouts" names etc.

Also know of another person they were trying to rip-off on their minx models website. They demanded upfront a hundred and fifty or so to have their pics posted. Contacted several agencies that they claimed to have worked with and they never heard of "modelscouts.com". Plus they are not a licensed talent agency and neither are the others.

These people also post on various websites claiming the company is great under aliases. Do not trust them and like I said, don't waste your time or money on this rip-off.

chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2004 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Model-Scouts-Minx-Models-VMH-Models/Wwwmodelscoutscom-Alberta/ModelScouts-Minx-Models-VMH-Models-they-are-not-a-licensed-talent-agency-ripoff-Intern-98377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Model Scouts - Minx Models - VMH Models

#1 General Comment

Moderlscouts.com is a scam

AUTHOR: Sharon Manas - ()

Good Day,

I have been doing some research on the website and scout agency MODELSCOUTS.COM, because I am interested in registering my daughter who is 14 yrs old with their agency. As I am from South Africa. it's pretty far from the states and when you convert our currency to dollars it's quite a whack so I really needed to be sure I was dealing with a completely above board, professional Company. And I have to say from the very outset, they make it very clear so there can be no misunderstanding, who they are and what they do. They also make the various payment options clear and concise, and frankly even if you had to convert my currency to dollars, the amount they are asking for 6 months registration or a 1 yr registration are miniscule in comparrison to what a young model would need to pay firstly to join an agency and secondly to have a few professional pics taken to be used in her portfolio going forward are astronomical, this is before she even gets to go to a casting. Modelscouts.com cuts out all the red tape, puts you on their books and your pics get reviewed by tons of agencies and modelling companies worldwide. There is No Modelling Agency in South Africa that has those kinds of connections.The entire website is very professionally done with tons of testamonials by both models and parents of the models, all of them give glowing reviews. So I'm sorry to disagree with you Mr Illinois Chicago, MODELSCOUTS.COM is NOT a scam Agency, they are very legit, you are angry because you don't have what it takes to hack it in the modelling industry, your ego has taken a blow, so it sounds like "Sour Grapes" to me. I have checked Modelscouts. com out thoroughly, there is not a whiff of scandal regarding this agency or their online website.

MODELSCOUTS.COM IS 100% FOR REAL! TRUST THEM!

AUTHOR: Mary Ann - (U.S.A.)

I AM THE MOTHER OF ONE OF MODELSCOUTS.COM'S SUCCESS STORIES, I REALIZE THAT THIS RIP OFF COMMENT WAS POSTED 2 YEARS AGO BY "MR. ILLINOIS" BUT I JUST FOUND IT AND CAN NOT LET IT STAND AS THE TRUTH! I FOUND MODELSCOUTS.COM ON THE INTERNET WHILE SEARCHING FOR WAYS TO GET MY SON OUT OF THE SMALLER MARKETS AND INTO THE BIG AGENCIES. I TOO EMAILED HIS PICTURES ALONG WITH THE $59 FEE, I DID THIS ONLY AFTER HAVING THOUROUGHLY CHECKING THEM OUT WITH BOTH THE ONLINE BETTER BUSINESS BUEARU AND THE REGULAR BBB... I EVEN CALLED THEM TO MAKE SURE THAT THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED REALLY EXISTED!!

WITHIN 10 DAYS WE HAD THE RESPONSE PROMISED! WITH IN A FEW DAYS OF THAT RESPONSE MY SON WAS IN N.Y. CITY AND HAD APPOINTMENTS WITH 7 OF THE TOP 10 AGENCIES IN THE WORLD!!! HE SIGNED WITH NEW YORK MODEL MANAGEMENT AND L.A. MODELS LAST SPRING (2006) AND HAS HAD BOOKINGS WITH DETAILS, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, BLINK, DNR (THE COVER & INSIDE!) AND WILL BE IN THE ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CATALOGUE THAT WILL BE OUT IN NOVEMBER! SO.... YOU CAN TRUST MODELSCOUTS.COM 100%! I'M SURE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SEND IN PHOTOS THAT JUST DON'T HAVE THE LOOK OF THE MOMENT AND FOR THEM ALL I CAN SAY IS JUST KEEP TRYING!

I TALK TO THE MODELSCOUTS.COM STAFF WEEKLY AND THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY THE MOST WONDERFUL THING THAT I COULD HAVE FOUND TO HELP MY SON AND HIS CAREER! AND THE FEES ARE MINISCULE COMPARED TO MOST ONLINE "SCOUTING" SITES!

THANK YOU MODELSCOUTS.COM, WE WILL BE FOREVER INDEBTED TO YOU!!! WE LOVE YOU!

what a surprise

AUTHOR: Peter - (Canada)

Myself and others have looked into the legitimacy of this company and was told by a gov rep that this company is not licensed. Also checked online and there were no licenses to be found. Not found in Canada or New York. This info the best to my knowledge and to the Canadian gov etc.
The arrogance of this company is amazing. Do you really want to put up money to this company and then be insulted later? I think not. No reputable company would treat its customers this way:
"Mr. Illinois post was little more than a rambling diatribe based on conjecture rather than fact, fuelled by a wounded ego "

I think this company is a sad case.

My comment is to point out that you cannot trust an internet company! Go to a local talent agency that is licensed and do not charge upfront fees. If they charge fees upfront, then you need to be wary!

Bye bye

Please post this comment for others to view. I wasn't sure which box to check for this to be posted. Thanks

AUTHOR: Vince - (Canada)

Minx/VMH Models ARE LICENSED AGENCIES!!
The claim that they are not is totally false and completely ridiculous!

I have been a model with Minx/VMH Models for 6 years and see their business licenses on their wall everytime I walk into the agency. Plus their Better Business Bureau membership hanging right next to the licenses.

The person who started this post has never even worked with Minx/VMH Models and even admits that in his post. Minx/VMH Models have never demanded money from me or anyone else.

The person from Chicago was told he couldn't be a model and now has a personal vendetta against the people told him the truth.

Plus, Minx/VMH Models have nothing to do with ModelScouts.com. Who by the way are one of the most honest scouting companies out there. Which seems to be what has upset the guy from Chicago.

Again, Minx/VMH Models ARE LICENSED, they are NOT a rip-off and you can DEFINITELY TRUST THEM.

AUTHOR: Karen - (Canada)

Dear Rip-off Report,

Please find below our rebuttal to the post written by Chicago, Illinois on July 10, 2004 regarding ModelScouts.com.

We appreciate the opportunity to reply on your website and trust that our rebuttal will be posted unedited and in it's entirety.

Karen Graham
___________________________________

July 28, 2004

We have reviewed the post on Rip-off Report by "Chicago, Illinois" (hereinafter referred to as "Mr. Illinois") very carefully and found it difficult to find an actual legitimate complaint. Not only is Mr. Illinois grossly misinformed and has confused three separate companies, he has committed a crime by posting false statements about our company ModelScouts.com that are libellous and intended solely to cause injury to our company.

Although Mr. Illinois has remained anonymous in his post, and claims to be located in both Nevada and Illinois, we are aware of who Mr. Illinois is and have reviewed his file in detail.

Mr. Illinois submitted his photos to ModelScouts.com in order to be reviewed by international agents and scouts. His photos were submitted to the agents and scouts as promised and he received all the services for which he paid.

Unfortunately, the agents and scouts did not feel that Mr. Illinois' "look" was right for their agencies and were unable to represent him. This information was passed on to Mr. Illinois along with advice on ways to improve his modeling opportunities in the future. Rather than use the advice given, Mr. Illinois chose to lash out at us by hurling insults (much like he has posted on this forum), made demands for a refund, and demanded the contact information of our agents and scouts.

Although, Mr. Illinois claims that we did not answer his emails, we answered every one of his emails, he just didn't like the answers he received.

As explained to Mr. Illinois, once his photos were submitted and reviewed by the agents and scouts the $59.95 fee was non-refundable. We performed our service and he received his evaluation. We also explained that we were very sorry that he didn't receive the response he had hoped for and that we understood how disappointing this can be for an aspiring model, however, this is the nature of the business.

Mr. Illinois demanded that we give him our contact information for all the agents and scouts. We explained to him that the contacts we have on file are private phone numbers and email addresses. Our telephone and email contacts go directly to agency booking tables, private offices, home and cell phone numbers and are for the use of professional agents and scouts only.

Please see below an excerpt of the actual email response that was sent to him:
____
Subject: Re: Photo Evaluation
Dear **,
We are sorry but the contact information we have for the agencies are the unlisted private phone numbers and email addresses of the agents and scouts rather than the main public phone numbers and email addresses that are printed in phone books or other directories.
If you would like to contact agencies you may locate their addresses, etc. in most phone books and directories.
If you have specific questions we will be happy to address them for you.
Sincerely,
www.modelscouts.com
[email protected]
____

With respect to Mr. Illinois claim that we use the same web designers as VMH Models and Minx Models. This is partially true. We do not use the same web designers. We do however, use the same website management company, as do over 20 other modeling and fashion related companies. Our web managers manage our proprietary software, databases, back end technology, etc. and were chosen for their extensive experience with modeling and fashion websites and because so many other industry related companies recommended them to us. There is nothing wrong with using the same web management company as other modeling and fashion industry professionals.

Mr. Illinois said that it is "impossible for them to send pictures to all major agencies and then get a response within 10 days."

Actually, with our proprietary software we are able to send photos to hundreds of agencies within minutes. We can send a model's photos directly to the computers on the booking tables of the major agencies. The average response time for agents and scouts to respond can be a matter of minutes but generally averages between 24 - 48 hours. We can easily guarantee a response time within 10 business days. We only use the extra time so our staff can properly gather all the information provided by the agents and scouts and process it for the model's final Photo Evaluation.

With respect to business licences, ModelScouts.com is not a modeling agency. We do not book jobs for models so we do not require an agency licence. We are a model scouting company. Our job is to assist models with placements to international agencies. Further, our company was founded in Canada and there are different requirements for companies in Canada than those in the United States. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau and maintain a clean and satisfactory rating with the BBB. In order to obtain a BBB Membership and Online Reliability Seal our company must meet all the necessary requirements required by law. ModelScouts.com has met and even surpassed these requirements.

Mr. Illinois also made the claim that "these people also post on various websites claiming the company is great under aliases". This statement is completely ridiculous! Even if it were true, how could he possibly know that if the statements saying our "company is great" have been posted under an alias? Could it simply be that aspiring models who have used our service do find that our company is great? Absolutely! My staff and I are far too busy to troll around the millions of forums and outside modeling sites to tell people how great we are. Our success stories posted on our website along with the testimonials from models and top international agencies speak for themselves.

Mr. Illinois made reference to the agency Minx Models and their website fee. As stated above, we are a separate company and cannot speak for Minx Models, however I would direct you to the page http://www.minxmodels.com/modeling_expenses.html on the Minx Models website that gives concise and accurate information with regard to modeling expenses.

Mr. Illinois post was little more than a rambling diatribe based on conjecture rather than fact, fuelled by a wounded ego and posted solely to cause injury to our company's reputation and legitimacy simply because he did not receive the response from the agents and scouts that he wanted. They did not believe he could be a fashion model and they were truthful with him.

Aspiring models expect us to be truthful with them, that is why they use our service. Our service offers models an alternative to expensive modeling courses, conventions and photo shoots. They can come to us and receive a truthful evaluation before they invest thousands of dollars needlessly. We stand behind our service and have hundreds of success stories. Unfortunately, Mr. Illinois was not one of them.

Mr. Illinois' need to post false and libellous information about us in a public forum as well as his consistently unprofessional and mean-spirited behaviour only reaffirms to us and to the agents and scouts that he is in no way ready to be represented as an international model to agencies or clients on a professional level.

We wish Mr. Illinois well in his career endeavours and are confident he will do well in a career outside of the modeling industry.

Karen Graham