Complaint Review: Modern Express courier

• Submitted: Sat, June 30, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — California Other Nigeria
Modern Express courier
Head Office1525 Peralta St,Oakland, California 94607. Internet United States of America

Modern Express courier company scam me $20000 Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We Ourselves Have Been Defrauded and We Are Working to Resolve the Issue

I was contacted by this courier company that my cousin in India is sending me phones and laptops.
They also gave me a tracking number to track the parcel which i did.

After that the parcel was held in the UK custom office and the company explained that i have to pay $500 for Non inspection sticker to enable the custom release the parcel and i pay them the money.

The next day when i track the parcel it was held again in Dubai and we have similar problem of money that is how i paid the sum of $20000 to the company.

Please help me investigate the company and tell me what should i do because i borrow 80% of the  money from my Uncle. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2012 02:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Modern-Express-courier/internet/Modern-Express-courier-company-scam-me-20000-Internet-904926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modern Express courier

We Ourselves Have Been Defrauded and We Are Working to Resolve the Issue

AUTHOR: ModernExpressCourier - (United States of America)

My name is Ian Forgie and I am an empoloyee of the actual Modern Express Courier in Oakland, CA. We first became aware that we were being defrauded abroad when we began receiving confusing phone calls from individuals in India attempting to track packages with tracking numbers far longer than the ones we use for our service. We are based in Northern California and do no business outside the United States. Whoever is posing as us has created a website (http://modernexpresscouriers.com/home/home.html) which is very similar to our own except that a few phone numbers have been changed (notice they are not American numbers, so they could not be attached to the addres the website lists - which is itself outdated) and the tracking page is different from our website (http://modernexpresscourier.com/home.asp). Please notice that our website is modernexpresscourier.com while the fraudulent website is modernexpresscourierS.com with an s at the end.

We have contacted our IT technician and the FBI with regards to this issue but have been told that, because there is so much of this kind of fraud coming in from abroad, it will be a while before any action can be taken. We apologize to anyone defrauded in this manner, and we sympathize with them as we are ourselves victims of the same criminal.

We are in the process of changing our website so that it looks completely different from the fraudulent one and we hope that no one else is victimized by this scam.

Unfortunately for the person who reported the scam, we ourselves have no idea what to do - at least until the FBI gets back to us.