Complaint Review: Modern Movers

• Reported By:
Modern Movers
Detriot, Michigan U.S.A.

Another bad moving experience

I am still in the process of trying to get my belongings to my house. The movers showed up 2 days after they were supposed to. They did not call to tell me they were not coming. They just didn't show up. This of course interfered with my wedding, moving, and closing of my house. The honeymoon night was stressed while I wondered where are the movers.

Now I am at my new house. My nice new husband was going to unpack my stuff so I would come to a nice familiar place. I've been here almost 2 weeks. They picked up my stuff 31 days ago. Sure a letter was sent from the lawyer. They will not take my calls, but the secretary says they just stepped out each time I call. She gives me the dates they will supposedly show. They keep changing and changing as the weeks go by.

This of course really put stress on my new marriage. We slept on a couch for the first 2 nights here. I couldn't interview for a new teaching job because I did not have a suit to wear. I have been wearing the same clothing that have been in a suitcase for a month. Of course they keep spouting new laws or reasons why they cannot compensate me and why they are doing nothing wrong.

I later found out that my stuff had to sit in Detroit at "Modern Moving." Detroit is not even on the way between Chicago and Atlanta last time I looked.

Please tell everyone never to use "National Moving Network," or "Modern Movers."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Modern-Movers/Detriot-Michigan/Another-bad-moving-experience-2516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modern Movers