Complaint Review: Modern furniture NY

• Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: Edwin — Vancouver Washington United States of America
Modern furniture NY
25 Truman Drive South Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Modern furniture NY Kato Corp Furniture Ordered and paid for furniture which we never recieved. South Edison, New Jersey

I ordered a set of livingroom furniture and end table set. They told me I would have it before christmas. They sent me an email confirming that the product had shipped. I Called the shipping company with the tracking number and found out the order had been canceled. I called Modern furniture back and they said there was a big mistake and that they did not have the furniture set any more. They tryed to get me to upgrade to more expensive furniture and or said I could wait while they tryed to locate another set.

They also told me that the shipping company did not want to deliver the furniture because of our location. I know this is not the case because I have had many other deliveries to our home without any issues.
I then called them and canceled my order and said I wanted my money back asap. They said it would be 3-5 business days and the money would be refunded. After 5 days I called them again and they said, O we did not cancel the order we will refund the money in 3-5 business days.

The reasons this company is a rip off company are as follows.
1. They still list the furniture set as avalible and ships within 3-5 weeks
2. Why does the manufacture have the set avalible and modern furniture tells me it is unavalible.
3. Why did they tell me the shipping company give them issues with shipping to my location, when I specifcly paid $400.00 for shipping to my location.
4. Why did they charge my credit card in the first place if there were all these issues.
5. Why do they keep promising me a refund and it still has not happened.
6. I am now filling a dispute with my bank to try and get my money back.

Do not buy from these jerks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2012 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Modern-furniture-NY/South-Edison-New-Jersey-08817/Modern-furniture-NY-Kato-Corp-Furniture-Ordered-and-paid-for-furniture-which-we-never-reci-818042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modern furniture NY