Complaint Review: Modesto Institute Of Technology

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 28, 2004

• Reported By:newman California
Modesto Institute Of Technology
Stoddard Rd Modesto, California U.S.A.

Modestomodesto Institute Of Technology its a rip off Modesto California

*UPDATE Employee: The Facts on this Report

*Consumer Comment: Im Also A Victim Of The Modesto Institute

I also went to this school at the same time as the other reportee and my feelings are the same. We got all the answer keys and everything to do the work that we actually did so I don't see how challenging it is.

I came to the conclusion that we might have learned something in two of the six modules required to pass their ECT course.

As for the telecommunications, wireless communications, data communications, and the computers course I feel we learned about 10% of what we should have.

We were supposed be build an am/fm radio and a working telephone which we never even seen. I was happy at first with the school but as the days went by it only made me angry.

This is all coming from an honor student with perfect attendence. However, i'm still not confiddent enough in what I learned to enter the work force. So I personally would say that yes this school is a complete ripoff.

Disappointed
Modesto, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2004 02:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Modesto-Institute-Of-Technology/Modesto-California/Modestomodesto-Institute-Of-Technology-its-a-rip-off-Modesto-California-81573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modesto Institute Of Technology

The Facts on this Report

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

The report filed by this applicant to the school is full of inaccurate statements. I expect that these inaccuracies are a result of the individuals lack of knowledge about the funding process for applicants to schools of this kind.

In the case of this student, it was determined that he posed a risk to the network at the institution. This determination was made to a great extent because of his own boasting about his ability to compromise network security. He was advised that he would not be admitted to the school.

No funding was ever received by the school from any funding source for this applicant. These funds are federal funds and the oversight of the distribution of the funds is monitored very closely. No matter where the student is in their education, if there are unused funds the school's agreement with the federal government requires the unused funds to be returned. This individual's statement that the school kept the money is absolutely untrue.

Private post-secondary schools in California are among the most highly monitored schools in any education system. We must operate in conformity with the US Department of Education and all other national and local accrediting bodies or we cannot operate at all. My advise to this applicant is to be more prudent when boasting about an area of expertise especially when it may pose a threat to the institution he is applying to attend.

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Long Story... About a month ago. Me and two other friends went to Modesto IT and decided well lets futhur our education. I went because I wanted to futhur my computer field and Friend ONE was interested in Graphic Designing and Friend TWO was interested in the Medical Field. We currently live in Merced. They called and set up a meeting. We show up. They lady there didnt know half of whats the regulations or progress of signing people up.

So as you can tell we were there for a quite while. As the day progresses we finally were issued documentation of the courses that are available and the tour around the facility. We all signed up. And we had everything completed. Except me. Reason being is. I was way advanced in computers. So they were deciding to put me in Network System Administration or Computer Technician. Well this progressed to about a week and a half. So they scheduled me to come out and see the person thats head of the courses. As me and my friend TWO drove 35 to 45 minute out of our way and to find out that (head of the course) Director wasn't there. So we had to drive back home and reschedule.

And so a week passes by and we head back down to Modesto and this time I got ahold of the Director and he chatted with me a few etc and then we headed back home and rescheduled another appointment to talk to the guy that Head Of Record Admissions and he Stated to me and Friend TWO that I had qualified and stated that I was fully paid by grants etc and that he had to make sure what course I wanted and he approved me. We Decided Network System Administration. So he sent me to sign forms for enrollment.

As we left and went home for about hour of resting from the ride they called and said "Sorry, We've dismissed you from our program due to that your a security issue to our networks. I said "How's that"? He says you stated to the director that you hack. I go no I didnt. Im a programmer. I create software. And I run a computer business for about 4 years now. And this is the words that I Specifically stated to the guy.

Well I had several clients that had locked themselves out of there system completely. Due to advertisement or due to security programs. ( **remember** saying this to the guy was to let him get a feeling of my knowledge to figure where to place me in the program)I had to crack the program that was locking there critical documents with an encryption up to 256bit or 128bit.

And supposivily that made him nerveous. Either I was more advanced than him or what. I feel that I've dismissed from the program for no reason. I needed this for my career. I had 10 thouand dollars all paid off. And I want to make sure that they didn't keep the grant money because I know they recieved the money.

What Im thinking is they made me sign the documents to waiver my rights to not take them to court over this. Can anyone email me or give me suggestions on what to do. Thanks...