Complaint Review: Modo the Car Co-op

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: ModoCoopVictim — Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Modo the Car Co-op
200 - 470 Granville Street Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

Modo the Car Co-op Modo Victim of terrible customer service / destroyed my credit rating Vancouver, British Columbia

Modo Car Co-op
200 - 470 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC,Canada
V6C 1V5

November 23, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dear Mr. Baudin and Mr. DeYoung,

I am submitting this report on Modo Car Co-op, formerly known as Cooperative Auto Network, with the sole purpose of expressing my complete dissatisfaction with your organization and it's utter ineptness and lack of ability in providing quality customer service to your members. The actions of your organization have tarnished my otherwise excellent credit score, and after many attempts to resolve my problem through the procedures set down in your organizations policies and by-laws, I feel I have no other choice but to take my complaint to the internet. I have already spoken with your customer service representatives manager as well as your executive director to allow one one more chance to correct the situation, and I was told "do what you have to do', and so now I am. Perhaps now you will take my complaint seriously.

In case you are not aware of my situation, I will review the facts of what took place. I followed all of your policies and procedures re: vehicle sharing and experienced no problems. You can imagine my complete and utter surprise when I found out that I had been overcharged by an amount that totaled several hundreds of dollars. These charges should never have been made to my account in the first place. I made repeated attempts to contact your organization via phone calls and emails in order to remedy the situation, but found that I was totally unsatisfied with the response I received. I felt as though my problems were merely being brushed aside, and that I was not given the care that I deserved as a member of your organization. I continued to dispute your organizations claim that I owed this money, with a hope of resolving the situation to everyone's satisfaction. This turned out to not be the end result. In fact, it was the complete and total opposite of what ended up taking place.

You can imagine my utter surprise when I found out, many years later, that my account had been referred to a collections agency ( Wiggins Adjustments, Ltd.) for an amount of $11.02 or eleven dollars and two cents! From my perspective, this action was made out of pure vindictiveness on the part of your employees, and I find it quite repugnant that my excellent credit score has been ruined over this amount that I didn't owe in the first place. Now due to your employees inept and spiteful handling of the situation, I will have to deal with the two credit reporting agencies to have this removed form my credit history, and I feel that this is quite ridiculous as well as totally unfair. I ask you to put yourself in my position and decide for yourself if it seems fair and acceptable. What are you and your organization willing to do to make this situation right? Obviously the answer was a resounding 'nothing, we don't care about you because we can do whatever we want.'

As I stated above in the opening of my letter, I was prepared to be quite generous and give you one final chance to remedy the problem to my complete satisfaction. I am also preparing to take my complaint to The Better Business Bureau, as well as the Consumer Protection Office of the BC government. I will also gladly spread the word online with my story, and as I am not the only one who has made complaints against you ( the records of the Better Business Bureau indicate that they have received another complaint in the past two years against you re: billing and collections, as well as at least two regarding poor customer service, I feel others would be very interested to hear about what has happened to me. Please know that these are not simply idle threats, as I have reached the end of my rope and I am completely prepared to take action. Quite frankly, I feel completely justified in doing so, and feel that such action is long overdue.

I am also ready and willing to file a complaint against you with the Car Sharing Association, as I feel you have not followed their Policies and standards as set down in their Car Sharing Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. I am referring most specifically to section 4.2, subsection 4.2.1.1, as well as section 4.2.2, subsection 4.2.2.3 , wherein you agree to provide you customers with the utmost in honesty, customer service and integrity. You also agreed to engage in only fair and ethical business dealings, which, in my situation, has clearly not been the case. It is my belief that your organization and it's employees have acted in a fashion that is the furthest thing possible from ethical, and I am left to endure the consequences of their poor behavior. I do not feel that I have simply "fallen through the cracks", but rather that what happened to me was a direct result of incompetent behavior on the part of your employees.

To conclude, I would like to reiterate that I am very unsatisfied, extremely angry and very very disappointed in the quality of service provided to me by your organization. I feel that I was treated in a very poor and dishonest manner. You ruined my family's credit score all because of your refusal to reverse charges that were clearly incorrect, and I feel it is my duty to let other people know about what to expect from Modo Car Co-op before signing up on one of their plans.

BUYER BEWARE!! They act like a cool not-for-profit, but their disorganization and lack of professionalism will eventually catch up. You get what you pay for, and I certainly got mine!

In closing, if you have any thoughts about using Modo the care co-op, formerly known as Cooperative Auto Network, for car sharing in Vancouver, I would recommend you stay clear of this fraud and look elsewhere. Trust me, it's been years just sorting this out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Modo-the-Car-Co-op/Vancouver-British-Columbia-v6c1v5/Modo-the-Car-Co-op-Modo-Victim-of-terrible-customer-service-destroyed-my-credit-rating-976232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Modo the Car Co-op