- Report: #1147552
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mofoco Enterprises
Mofoco Enterprises4170 Lyndell St Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Mofoco Enterprises Randy Henning Roy Henning Matt Henning Paul Henning Paid for a job they did not complete. Scam, ripoff, Milwaukee Wisconsin
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
* hired Roy Henning to build turn key engine and replace transmission
* paid $5075 for the engine and $1300 for the transmission
* was paid on August 7th, 2013 and engine and transmission to be done in 6 weeks
* shipped them my car for the install fist week of October 2013
* engine build was nev er started until after November
* December I asked for a full refund, they declined
* January I was told my car would be done by the end of the month
* February I was demanded to pay an addition $1450 to finish the job or else.....
* March sent Roy $1450 in a money order to finish
* April Roy says he has problem and will let me know
* My transmission will not shift to 1 or 2, reverse lock out wont work car only shifts 3 and 4.
* Engine will not stay running. I paid Mofoco, Roy Henning over $7800 for a new engine and transmission installed in my car and now it don't run and can't drive it. I waited over 8 months for a 6 week job.
My car drove fine over 1300 miles from Nebraska to Oregon in July of 2013 to a car show winning three awards. The car sat near the pond for a 7 day period and when I went to drive home, the engine overheated in about two hours of driving time. I searched for a way to get car home, rented U-Haul truck and tow dally and came home. Found 5 companies that rebuild engine. I choose Roy because he said he would remove and replace engine and transmission for the labor of $750.
So I agreed and paid for the engine and transmission in full and then shipped him my car 8 weeks later hoping to have my car back in a few days. Shipping cost $1000 from Henry NE to Milwaukee WI. Roy Henning has not kept up with his end of the deal. The deal was to have a new turn key engine test run and ready for install when the car got there along with a rebuilt transmission. It should have only taken a day or two to remove and reinstall and test drive car.
Roy Henning complained that I was at fault, everything I said is a lie, and he wanted $100 per hour for custom work to remove and install a VW engine and transmission. I sent Roy pictures of my car, the engine and engine bay, the transmission and axles so he knew what he was receiving. My car is a VW pan with a fiberglass body bolted to it.
So it is mostly all 1970's VW remove and replace. Roy has sent me aggressive emails, held my car hostage, charged me for parts and labor with out a written estimate up front, may have used my engine as a rebuild and not a new case build, rebuilt my transmission and it will not work, the engine will not stay running at idle. I feel that I need a full apology for all the accusations, and a refund for not completing the job as stated.
Roy has also had the nerve to charge me $20 per day for storage if I did not pick up the car with in 10 days of him stopping work on it. So my truck driver picked up the car on 5.16.2014 and paid Roy $100 for storage. I should be charging Roy $20 per day for the six months he had the car over and above the contract dates. I will have added expenses to have the car looked at and fixed correctly to make it drivable again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2014 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mofoco-Enterprises-/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53212/Mofoco-Enterprises-Randy-Henning-Roy-Henning-Matt-Henning-Paul-Henning-Paid-for-a-job-th-1147552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.