Complaint Review: Mohawk Carpet

• Submitted: Thu, May 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 09, 2007

• Reported By:Port Charlotte Florida
Mohawk Carpet
Po Box 800 Chatsworth, Georgia U.S.A.

Mohawk Carpet Ripoff Mohawk Thinks Their Customers Are Idiots! Chatsworth Georgia

*Author of original report: Carpet gets even worse!

The end of June 2006 we paid $900. for carpet for our living room. About 4mo later we & others noticed the carpet looked worn out & not just in traffic areas. Being sick I did not get around to reporting it until March & an inspector came on 4/19/07. He looked at it & saw that it was just the 2 of us & a small dog that had his own bed that he always slept on. He sd it was cornrowing & we could rake it. He did notice that it was worn in areas where there was no traffic, it looks like old carpet. I got a report finally that said no defect. I wrote to the CEO who gave it to Christa Cooper, I guess who is in charge of consumer affairs. She insulted my intelligence by telling us we can call in a certified inspector & even gave a phone# to call. Of course this would be at our expense!

Now here's the good part, after all that & more money spend she ends the letter saying that HOWEVER even w/his report they will not be able to reverse their previous decision to decline our claim! Does she think we are stupid? She also put a page about cornrowing & how it's not a defect & we can buy a rake HOWEVER this will not keep the carpet yarn erect as it will be crused again when walked on! Why were'nt we told this about the carpet BEFORE we bought it, I wouldn't have taken it. Never again will I trust Mohawk!

Joy
Port Charlotte, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2007 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mohawk-Carpet/Chatsworth-Georgia-30705/Mohawk-Carpet-Ripoff-Mohawk-Thinks-Their-Customers-Are-Idiots-Chatsworth-Georgia-1034244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mohawk Carpet

Carpet gets even worse!

AUTHOR: Joy - (U.S.A.)

NEVER will I buy Mohawk carpet again, now even though it says stainguard I have stains & used what they say to use & it got worse. My carpet looks old & terrible, Over $900. thrown away! Says 5yr warrenty w/stains but I know that will go the same way the other complaint went.

They don't care & will not do anything for you. Even Consumer Affairs let them off the hook because they said they are not responisble for cornrowing, the consumer woman who wrote it from Mohawk said we told her she could get another inspector but I guess she declined to do it. Sounds good but as I said in the beginning we have to pay for him & then they told me even if we do they won't change their decision to decline, so why would I waste more money!