Complaint Review: Mollen Immunization Clinics

• Submitted: Sat, October 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: Jack — Sierra Vista Arizona U.S.A.
Mollen Immunization Clinics
8324 E Hartford Rd Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America
  • Phone: 480-214-2000
  • Web:
  • Category: Clinics

Mollen Immunization Clinics False Advertising Scottsdale, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Mollen Rebuttal

Doctors are telling patients to get the Zostor vaccine if you are over 60.

Most Dr's do not stock the vaccine.  My Dr said to go to a clinic.

Mollen had a clinic at the local Wal Mart.  They advertised that they had the Zostor vaccine.

When I asked for a vaccination I was told they were out of the vaccine.  The nursecalled around and couldn't find any.  She claimed "someone forgot to order more."

The following week, same thing, same place.  This time I e-mailed Mollen.

I was told there were 8 vials at the local Food City clinic but they didn't have the diluent to adminster it.  Pressing further I found that the vaccine wasn't Mollen's, it was Food City Pharmacy's supply.

So, here's what I was told.  You can make an appointment at out Scottsdale facility.

Scottsdale is a 4 hour drive from my City!

So instead of being Customer Service oriented, "Sorry Sir, we will have that overnighted." Mollen turned into "my problem" and having to drive to Scottsdale, AZ.  I doubt whether I was the nly Senior wanting this vaccine, either.

Could this be the start of rationalized health care?  Vaccine for the elderly rich in Scottsdale but not for the rest of the elderly in Southern Arizona?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2012 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mollen-Immunization-Clinics/Scottsdale-Arizona-85255/Mollen-Immunization-Clinics-False-Advertising-Scottsdale-Arizona-957576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mollen Immunization Clinics

Mollen Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Mollen - (United States of America)

Mollen apologizes for not having the vaccine available at the time you sought service.  This is the first year that Mollen has carried the Zoster vaccine and we had a limited supply this year. We are always working to place vaccine in the locations where it is needed but the limited supply we have on hand for 2012 means that we were unable to restock some locations that exhausted their initial inventory.

The availability of the vaccine at our Scottsdale facility is because the Scottsdale facility is Mollens corporate headquarters not the result of any sort of allocation process favoring seniors in one part of Arizona over seniors in other parts of Arizona.  Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to work to improve our distribution so that vaccine is as widely available as possible.