Complaint Review: Momentum Card

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: joshua — tacoma Washington
Momentum Card
, Select State/Province USA

Momentum Card Money Mart Will not give you access to your money All over Washington

This company is not legit in any form. I like to use Prepaid services for online banking and found that they have a savings account. I was told that they were better than their competitors (Green Dot, Net Spend) so I gave them a try as I sometimes cash my check at Money Mart. I did use my Transfers and when I called about my atm card not letting me withdraw from savings I was informed that it was not linked to it. I re-read my terms and conditions policy and found that I can just close my account (With the chance that I may not be able to re-open it) and that would fix the issue. Well, to close it they make you Transfer your money into your checking (which I couldn't o any more transfers). I was also told that I would have no access to my money until the next calender month. I know from speaking to my lawyer that it is illigal for a bank ( they are considered a bank under the BBB) to withhold money from an account unless there is a reason to suspect fraud or for IRS reasons. I have also been informed that this is an illigal act but that a lawsuit would be pointless due to it possible being in litigation for years and it only being for a few hundred dollars. I am writing this to warn consumers that this is a check cashing place so you can expect about the same service from a bank card in which they offer. The company is quite shady and their terms and conditions are written very loosely so BEWARE. I will be closing my account with them as I am not into a banking establishment using what money I have for whatever they want when I have absolutely no access to it. I would suggest getting a REAL bank account as this is not one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Momentum-Card/Select-StateProvince/Momentum-Card-Money-Mart-Will-not-give-you-access-to-your-money-All-over-Washington-1077967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Momentum Card