Complaint Review: Momentum Direct

• Submitted: Tue, February 06, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 06, 2007

• Reported By:San Angelo Texas
Momentum Direct
1010 South Magnolia Blvd Magnolia, Texas U.S.A.

Momentum Direct Tried to refund money with hot check Magnolia Texas

Initially, I ordered a free trial of diet pills from Momentum Direct, and I never received the order, so after about 1 1/2 weeks without seeing the order, I called them to let them know. They told me when I called to let them know that they also started billing me monthly, that in order for them to not start monthly billing, that I should have sent the bottle back in order to get it stopped; well, I didn't receive the bottle, so I had nothing to send in to them.

I was billed the monthly charge, and another random charge that they could not explain. I called them numerous times (about 15), and the same gentleman always answered, and told me the same thing, "that he would forward the information over to that department"; I got mad, and eventually got a number for his supervisor, I left at least 3 messages with all of my information for him to call me back. I also printed out all 5 of the e-mails that I had sent them, and faxed all of those into their company.

Through all of this, I never once received a call, or e-mail, from this company. A few weeks later, I received a check in the mail for the $108.88 that they owed me that was taken out of my account. This check has since been returned, and that $108.88 has now been taken out of my account, along with a $10 charge for it from my bank.

Since I was not aware that this was going to happen on my account, I had a check that I wrote come out after that, and had a $25 charge come out for a nsf fee, b/c I didn't have enough to cover my check after the $108.88 came out. My boss wants me to take the company to small claims court, b/c after all of this, I don't know what else to do.

I have never had to do that before, so I don't know the procedure. I thought you had to file in the county that the business resides, but I would be out money, if I had to go there to take care of this. Please help! Is there anything else I can do to get my money?

Laura
San Angelo, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2007 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Momentum-Direct/Magnolia-Texas-77355/Momentum-Direct-Tried-to-refund-money-with-hot-check-Magnolia-Texas-234662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Momentum Direct