Complaint Review: MomentumDirect

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2007

• Reported By:Parsippany New Jersey
MomentumDirect
Mineral Science, 140 Lake Drive, Suite 102 Nationwide U.S.A.

MomentumDirect, Mineral Science, Purity Makeup, Purity Beauty Club, Purity By Mineral Science, 2-Day SlimDown I ordered a FREE TRIAL of both Purity Mineral Makeup and 2-Day SlimDown. No answer at 2 phone #'s I was instructed to call for a return authorization. NO ANSWER @ either #. Many charges made to both checking and credit accounts. I do not know how they got credit acc't #. Currently approximately $300. Wexford, PA 15090Wexford, PA Internet/ Pennsylvania

I ordered free trials of both Purity Mineral Makeup and 2-day SlimDown. Once received, I cancelled my "membership(s)". Return e-mail from Momentum instructed me to call one of two numbers for a return authorization. One number was never answered and the other had an answering machine which kept repeating the machine message and I could not leave a message. Return instructions instructed me to return the trial unopened and un-used ONLY. (How do you do that if it was supposed to be a TRIAL?) Immediately thereafter I discovered that the company had put through their own checks on my checking account. I re-checked my checking account yesterday and discovered they had put three additional charges through in the same manner (for a total of approximately $200.) This is the number I had given them for the approximate $8 charge for the FREE TRIAL. I then discovered they had put approximately $100 in charges on my cerdit card; an account number which had NEVER BEEN GIVEN TO THEM! I have no idea how they got the number. This is a scam start to finish. I have disputed the charges with my credit card company, and I am disputing all charges associated the FAKE CHECKS they sent to my bank for debits on my checking account. Completely outrageous!

Liz
Parsippany, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2007 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MomentumDirect/nationwide/MomentumDirect-Mineral-Science-Purity-Makeup-Purity-Beauty-Club-Purity-By-Mineral-Scie-285536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MomentumDirect