• Report: #206597

• Submitted: Thu, August 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 18, 2011

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Mon Ami And Caribe Puppies - Lou Anthony
16050 OLD CONROE ROAD Conroe, Texas U.S.A.

Mon Ami And Caribe Puppies - Lou Anthony Covicted Florida Felony Puppy mill Operators now in Texas working off Internet ripoff Conroe Texas

*Consumer Comment: I just bought a puppy from Justin

*General Comment: They're Back

*Consumer Comment: Amy Windham (JJ) Jack Jillian Jackson using new website to sell dogs

*Consumer Comment: This is insane!

*Consumer Comment: And more parvo puppies...

*Consumer Comment: Add me to the Parvo Puppy list

*Consumer Comment: Poos4you.com don't buy from Amy and where is the website now??

*Consumer Comment: Poor Charlie

*Consumer Comment: Amy is now 713-370-8549 www.lonestarstar.com "Hav Friends" havanesetex@yahoo.com

*Consumer Comment: Now operating www.poos4you.com

*Consumer Comment: Aditional information for Amy Windham previously awhavanese

*Consumer Suggestion: You people are like the rabbit on tv you just keep going and going........

*Consumer Comment: Amy Windham is part of Cabezas family, owns AWHavanese.com, AWPoos4you.com, AWCockapoos.com, Babymisfits.com, AWMisfits.com

*Consumer Comment: PupsPourri does have a connection with this family

*Consumer Comment: PUPSPOURRI THIS INFORMATION YOU LISTED CAN NOT BE RIGHT!

*Consumer Suggestion: BEWARE SixthDayKennel, LilPuppyPals,HodgePodgePuppies, Much-Adopoo, Pups-Pourri, Pupspourri, KissableCockapoos

*Consumer Suggestion: It's so easy to jump on the band wagon

*Consumer Comment: To Eric

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: CORRECTION

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Bought two Havanese puppies from Caribe Puppies

*Consumer Comment: I own a dog bought from Monami Puppies in Longwood, Florida

*Consumer Comment: RE: Stacy's post from 11/26/06/Martina Navratilova

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Puppy Sold with Fraudelent Pedigree and Forged AKC Registration

*Consumer Suggestion: Add Sixth Day Kennel - Kissable Cockapoos to the list of names the Cabeza Family uses to sell puppies

*Consumer Comment: A G.E.D. get off the page if you have nothing to say

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Forgot to include to my first post.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Forgot to include to my first post.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Thank You Cathy

*Consumer Comment: Misty Oak Cockapoos

*Consumer Comment: Cathy makes a good point

*Consumer Comment: Another sad breeder story..so many of them

*Consumer Comment: I Guess the Truth Never Fully Gets Told

*Consumer Comment: SICK PUPPIES FOR SALE

*Consumer Comment: L Anthony was NOT CONVICTED In Florida

*Consumer Comment: "No contest" means you're GUILTY!

*Author of original report: Judgement

*Consumer Comment: Make sure what you write is true..........

*Consumer Comment: Puppies For Sale

*Consumer Comment: Thank you!

*Consumer Comment: Texas connection

*Author of original report: Try intelius search on the name, they all come up listed together

*Consumer Comment: Please provide a valid connection for this allegation

*Consumer Comment: Thanks Amanda for your reporting!

*Consumer Comment: CABEZAS CONVICTED OF CRIME WATCH OUT TEXAS SHE"S NOT ALLOWED TO SELL PUPPIES FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS!!

*Consumer Comment: Substantial Evidence for Jen concerning the Cabezas' Puppy Operations

*Consumer Comment: To Jen from Texas re: Caribe, Mon Ami, Misty Cockapoos, Bahuaka, Oak Trail Hybrids, Cabezas Breeder Texas

*Consumer Comment: Don't Believe all you read!

As I was just about to purchase a puppy today, to pick up from the Cabezas,(Janice/Louis/Justin/Kristin) I ran a Yahoo search and came up with this site and other Florida reports on their mis-dealings with other consumers buying sick puppies, false registrations, and their improper business practices. I believe they are the same people who have now located in Conroe Texas and are advertising adorable Havanese puppies on a couple of sites.

They are under the names of Mon Ami Puppies and Carribe and Caribe puppies.

They offer 3 year health guarantees and seemed to be reputable, however, if these previous reports are on the same people, then I was fooled.

I just had done a search for any information on the breeders and came up with the various negative reports on them, otherwise I would never have known and possibly would have suffered the heart break that many of the previous consumers have suffered.

Michelle
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mon-Ami-And-Caribe-Puppies-Lou-Anthony/Conroe-Texas-77834/Mon-Ami-And-Caribe-Puppies-Lou-Anthony-Covicted-Florida-Felony-Puppy-mill-Operators-now-206597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mon Ami And Caribe Puppies - Lou Anthony

I just bought a puppy from Justin

AUTHOR: mg - (United States of America)

They are using the name Perkins now. It was not until late in the game that the name Tej Haus was used. (it was on the shipping document although the puppy was not shipped; I picked him up) Prior to that it was Keepsakepoos. I googled Tej Haus and this report came up but by then I had already bought the puppy. I am very confused. My vet said the pup is healthy, but I don't like the idea that they keep changing their names.

My e-mail contact was "Lisa" but she was never able to meet me. I met Justin twice. Once to see the puppies (and their parents) and the other time to pick up the puppy. He drives a Jaguar. I know it is the same man listed above (the one that was in the drag racing accident) b/c I found a video and it is the same person. I understand the history of this family, but I'm confused. The puppy so far is healthy (almost 9 weeks) and it was obvious that they had started the pup on housetraining. He seemed to be well taken care of. However, there were certain things that were strange about the transaction, and I REALLY don't like the fact that they are using different names.

#2 General Comment

They're Back

AUTHOR: Carol - (United States of America)

These people are back again. They are now operating as Tej Haus Havanese and also have a website  (((Redacted))) Contact is Anthony. Beware.

Amy Windham (JJ) Jack Jillian Jackson using new website to sell dogs

AUTHOR: TexasTexas - (USA)

Amy Windham using the name JJ or Jack Jillian Jackson is using two new websites to sell dogs.  In advertisements in Houston Chronicle and Austin American Statesman Amy is now using

http://www.barstarranch.com/ to sell cockapoos and

http://www.lonestartex.com/ to sell havanese puppies

If you called 281-808-3620 or 832-482-9151 or emailed lassometx@live.com or kam_727@ymail.com please let this community know if you got a sick dog or a dog with false pedigree.

Amy Windham or Jack Jillian Jackson why do you have to keep changing names, websites, phone numbers and emails to sell dogs?  Please tell everyone why this is a necessary part of your business plan.

Amy Windham (JJ) Jack Jillian Jackson using new website to sell dogs

AUTHOR: TexasTexas - (United States of America)

http://www.barstarranch.com/ to sell cockapoos and

http://www.lonestartex.com/ to sell havanese puppies

This is insane!

AUTHOR: txgroomer - (United States of America)

So we are now up to 3 puppies with Parvo!?!  Well it's VERY clear now where the puppies got Parvo from!!!!  Keep checking back, I'm sure more will come forth!

And more parvo puppies...

AUTHOR: sickpuppy - (USA)

My wife also purchased a cockapoo puppy from JJ Jackson (aka Amy Windham) and picked the dog up in the afternoon on Tuesday, December 22nd.  The puppy started getting ill at 11:30pm on Wednesday, December 23rd.  We rushed the dog to the vet's office by 8:30am on Christmas Eve and were told by the doctor that the puppy had parvo and a 50/50 chance of survival.  By 1:00pm, our puppy had passed away.

It sounds like there are at least 3 sick and/or dead dogs, from breeder JJ Jackson (www.myprettypups.com) that were diagnosed with parvo on basically the same day.  Even though we were clearly within our 48 hour warranty time frame, we have been unsuccessful in getting our money back as of today.  Our experience with the breeder sounds very similar to the others posted this past week.

Needless to say, it was a heartbreaking Christmas for our family and children.

Add me to the Parvo Puppy list

AUTHOR: TexasTexas - (United States of America)

I picked up a puppy on the weekend before Christmas.  Everything was fine at 48 hour checkup at vet but by morning of Dec. 24 puppy was sick.  Trip to vet confirmed Parvo.  Puppy has been in hospital since Christmas day with over 7k vet bill.  Unfortunately I stumbled on these reports to late.  I purchased from www.myprettypups.com but clearly same as all the other websites listed.  It is obvious from March postings of Parvo and now two in December they have Parvo exposure.  JJ (or Amy or who ever you are) you are a cruel b***h to knowingly sell puppies exposed to Parvo at Christmas.  You know what it does to these dogs and to have children watch their dog get sick and die or almost die is heartless.  These people seemed very nice and like they cared for the dogs but clearly not all is as it seems with them.  I also remember JJ wanted to make sure we picked up dog within next few days because they were "going out of town for xmas".  The real reason is probably they knew at risk of Parvo showing up any day.

Buy at your own risk and make sure you are prepared to let puppy die or spend lots of money if it is sick.

Poos4you.com don't buy from Amy and where is the website now??

AUTHOR: txgroomer - (United States of America)

Well here it is 4:25 in the morning after Christmas day.  Since 9PM we've been at the ER vet and bleaching my mother's floors and her yard due to a puppy she purchased and brought home a week ago today  infected with Parvo.  I have been in the grooming business for 25 years worked in a veterinary clinic 9 of those years and have seen it all.  When I went to visit my mom Christmas day, she called earlier in the day saying she was worried about the puppy it was not acting right. She had tried calling and emailing Amy no response from her. Granted it's Christmas so figured eventually this woman would call my mother back.  My mom kept calling her through out the day and still no return call or email.  I got to her house and instantly smelled parvo and my mother was beside herself.  She just had to put down her shih tzu of 12 yrs the Monday after thanksgiving and she bought TWO puppies from DIFFERENT litters from this place that were the same age. They are not havanese they are maltese shih tzu mixes (don't get me started on this designer breed crap).  Anyways around 9pm I decided to call Amy myself on my phone. She ANSWERED!  Now why was she not returning my mother's phone calls but she answered mine?

Now my mom took these pups to her vet as directed per contract within the 48 hours to get checked, and they got a clean bill of health.   2 days later one pup was acting a little "off" but the next day was perfectly fine, bouncing and playing around.  Christmas morning all hell broke loose.  Now a GOOD breeder would be concerned about a puppy coming from them infected with Parvo to clean out their own kennel and disinfect, but Amy? Noooo she got defensive with me thinking I was some dimwhit that had no clue about canine illnesses.  She said Parvo has an incubation period 2-3 days.  NO IT DOES NOT!  It is 7-14 days!!!! She accused my mom of infecting the puppy at her house or taking it to a Petwhatevers and the puppy got it there. They had been TWO places since she was handed over those puppies..HOME and THE VET!
I told her it was longer than 2-3 days and she claims she is/was a VET TECH!?!  She has no clue!!!!   She said the contract does not honor puppies that contact Parvo after 3 days of taking ownership of the puppy.  Now had I been with my mother when she got that contract I would have told her no way should she sign that contract or buy a puppy from her.  I believe Amy feels she deals with people that may not be so educated in how Parvo works. My mom certainly didn't. She's had dogs all her life and never once had she had to go through an ordeal such as this!!!  I've seen it unfortunately way too many times.  My mom even knows NOT to take puppies anywhere in contact with other dogs until they've had all rounds of vaccines because I don't even accept puppies until they have had all 4 shots for grooming because they are not fully immune until the fourth round.  The ONLY saving grace I can give Amy at this moment is she had the courtesy to call back and give my mom a number to an emergency clinic.

So we go to ER clinic vet confirms it's parvo was too far gone to save so we had to put it to sleep..can we say Merry Christmas?!?   Now Amy.."the vet tech"...looking at the shot records on the puppy had given first round too soon.  Vet speculated either she had no clue or she knew she was dealing with Parvo in her kennel and hoped to keep the pup from getting it by immunizing early.  Okay "vet tech" Amy then gave the SECOND round before 3 weeks. Any one with any veterinary knowledge knows you DO NOT give another round of immunizations before the 3 weeks. That is TOO much at one time for the body to build it's immunity to the live virus weakening the immune system.  Vet indirectly claims puppy had been exposed to Parvo prior to my mom taking delivery of the puppy.   Other puppy (from another litter same age) at the moment is fine but the vet said it is VERY high risk of becoming ill as well.  What can she do? Absolutely nothing until it starts showing signs of being ill. We leave at midnight from the ER clinic and start bleaching EVERYTHING in her house and yard.

Looking at all the paper work I noticed the certificate of health for state of Texas the "shipper" (owner at the time) was not listed as Amy Wyndham.  I asked my mom who is Jillian Jackson?  She said she guessed it was her sister that took the puppies to the vet for their certificates of health.  I had to question if she was buying the puppies from Amy then why isn't her name listed as "shipper/owner"?  Well once we got home I did my internet search. On another report on this site about Amy it also says she goes by a Jillian Jackson.. HMMMM?  Many reports of numerous website name changes, phone numbers changed and aliases.  THIS should certainly raise some eyebrows as to why this is going on? Why the website name changes?  Poos4you.com is now not a valid site. I have seen MANY listed websites selling puppies linked to these names that are no longer working links?

I also saw the post of slander.  Now one has to wonder why someone would be SO worried about that to post that on their website.  I know I would not get much business if I told my clients that once they signed my grooming policies form that if I did something to make them unhappy I was going to sue them for saying wrong things.  FALSE accusations yes that is slander but I'm sorry people we have documented proof of this whole ordeal we've been through tonight. I AM not under ANY contract agreement my mother did not tell me about this, I had to experience this HELL first hand and I am sad for the puppy and my mother and I am MAD that people like this keep operating and breeding irresponsibly.  When people keep putting money in the hands of these people sad stories such as these will continue to happen and I hope there is a real special hell for people like this.  Does anyone know where a report can be filed? I think if enough complaints are filed an investigation will be warranted.

My mother did not see their kennel, they didn't offer to show her the kennel, they didn't show her the parents. They just brought the puppies out to her to see.

Oh I might mention that per contract regarding Parvo she states she must talk with veterinarian personally.  around 11:30..AMY who said "she would be there for my mom" did NOT answer the call from the veterinarian, why OH why does that NOT surprise me? Has she called to check on the puppy's condition? NOPE!  I am going to guess her phone number will be changing ...again..soon.

Poor Charlie

AUTHOR: Misemt12767 - (U.S.A.)

I purchased "Charlie" from these people. He had medical issues and has been on medication at least 2 times a day since he was 1 year old. They couldn't find his records and did offer a replacement puppy. I was NOT going to give Charlie up so they let me keep him and sent me "another" puppy. The medical bills for Charlie have been alot, so I gave the puppy to a friend of mine. The medical records that came with that Puppy were not correct based off blood tests done. This puppy has severe anxiety issues, and is not consistent with being a pure Cockapoo. Just warning anyone who may try to use these people, heed anyone's warnings, they are accurate.

Thru emails I was also let to believe that the different people I was talking to were either male or female. I have seperate emails that state at one point Kris is a female and at another a male.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Buyer Beware and do your research. She did not give a last name. Claims she has show quality pups and has been in the breed a couple of years. No mention made of all the other breeds she was listing on earlier websites. I got alot of red flags while talking to her and accidently ran across an earlier website that looked almost the same with the same puppies for sale! Then I began to check into it and I found this website and found all these reports on her and her inlaws.
Thank goodness I found out in time. Only wanted payment by western union or direct into her Chase bank. Paypal is the safer way to pay.

Now operating www.poos4you.com

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

We recently purchased a puppy from this website. Amy Wyndham seemed to be a 'professional breeder', offered a 2 year warranty, and seemed to have good credentials, although as we dug deeper later on we realized others have had similar issues. Our puppy arrived in what appeared to be good condition. Within 24 hours the puppy was sick, within 48 hours the puppy was so sick that we took her to the ER at the Vet Hospital. Two days later the sickness came back even worse then the first time. We took her to our Veterinarian who diagnosed her with Parvo Virus. The Vet (and three others we ended up seeing), confirmed that the Parvo Virus came from the breeder due to lengthy gestation period of Parvo, and the strong test result. We called Amy regarding her 'warranty' since we accumulated $2,700 in vet bills, she immediately began blaming us and our Veterinarian for infecting the puppy and looking for loopholes in her warranty. Not once did she ask how the dog is currently doing. If you ready up on Parvo you will learn that this is impossible as it takes 4-12 days to form and we have the puppy for 24 hours. It turns out that http://www.poos4you.com is a run of the mill puppy mill. Use caution if purchasing a dog from here as they will not honor her warranty, and Parvo can live in soil, on floors or in cages for 6-12 months, which means other puppies coming from this place will likely be infected.

Aditional information for Amy Windham previously awhavanese

AUTHOR: Do Your Research - (U.S.A.)

New website and contact info she is using on Puppyfind.com
www.tx5starhavs.com Phone number for her: (713) 517-5086 email address: havanesetejas@yahoo.com

Previous kennel name has too many bad hits so she has made a new kennel name and website. Her name is AMY WINDHAM but she leaves off her last name or uses an alias. Locations she advertises to be from are Houston and Hockley, TX. Old email address: awhavanese@gmail.com and old website that does not appear to be working now: www.awhavanese.com

#13 Consumer Suggestion

You people are like the rabbit on tv you just keep going and going........

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

It's funny you all keep saying things about this family. First it is the Father Louis and how he has terrible Havanese which again I have from them and is a wonderful animal yet you beat this man up who let see (I have done my own little PI work not bad for a 62 year old woman) he has worked for The US Air Force, NY Police Department, NJ Police department,Rivera Beach Police Department, Department of Defense and finally the Department of Homeland Security this really sounds like a horrible person, the man that given up is time to keep you people safe at night and not with his family and appartently still is. No matter what any of you say he is a pretty good person to me PERIOD. Then onto the side of the fact he was a rare breed dog show judge not sure if he still is or not I could not find that information online. That alone tells me he seem's like he would be a pretty trust worthy person on any front, I would beat my money some of the people on here telling this misleading information have more to hide then he ever has or ever will.

Then you move onto the Mother Janice I can not find anything on her until Mary Ellen Whitehead went on a personal vendetta aginast her that is it, the only other record you can even remotely find is regarding a loss of a child. Other then the little fact that she breed Rotties and Akita's in the 80's and 90's and seems she had one of the top kennels in the country for both it seem's to this day THAT HAVING A TRADEWIND KENNEL dog in the pedigree is a great thing Oh yeah then there is her Havanese which again some of the top dog's in the country are still would not be here if it was not for her Kennel Bacardi Havanese Which I found she worked with one of the top Kennels in the early 90's Seta a Cane Havanese to start her kennel.

Then you move onto the oldest son Justin and can I say WOW to what he as accomplished from the tragety that happened in his life. Talking to young people on his own time he is not forced to do it anymore but I find record of it online that he is still helping with speechs across the nation to our children about driving and how dangerous it can be. I say thank you to you for what you have turned this horrible accident into something memoriable for young people to hear a young person telling them the truth's about drivng makes me fell a little safer with my grandkids on the road.

You tried to say his car accident was something he did on purpose by saying like mother like son...sham on you people. Yet agian nothing to do with dog's or puppy stores or anything of the sort. However you dragged his name into it.

Then we move onto KRISTIAN again not Christian or Kristen or however else you close freinds of there family would like to spell it I mean god I only met them trough the stores. However I can spell the man's name right. (MAN there is a interesting word THE SON'S ARE GROWN MEN THEY MAKE THERE OWN DECISION IN LIFE.....regarless of whatever the Courts say or Mary Ellen Whitehead I know you are still out there trying to cause this family problem's. You can not make the sons and I would not dought if Janice get's off her weak probation the court put her on. Have any of you looked at this case $20,000 in to payback upset customers and 100 hours community service I have seen drunk drivers get more on a daily basis.) I find nothing again let me say that again about him online other then some newspaper here in Sarasota about the stores. However again that was the mothers store right let me not say something LIKE THE TAXES ARE IN HIS NAME AND THE CORPRATION SHOW'S HIM A PRES. OF THE COMPANY that probaly does not mean much. I do not think he is even in the business anymore he was one of the Cabezas family that I did know and I thought he was a wonderful young man at the time being that young and he was always at his store's I wish my son's where half of the man that he was at that age....

Everyone here is aware you a lingering on something that happend back in 2002/03 6 almost 7 years ago. Alot of the pets that you bought from them are passing on allready. LET IT GO PEOPLE.

I mean did anyone here think that the one thing about this page is you can write pretty much anything you want about anyone at anytime did you ever think,it could be a fellow dog breeder that did not like the fact that they where selling dogs.....

Now you linger onto his wife (supposedly) you say you grew up with her.....Really are you sure because I know how to at least spell my childhood friends husbands name the right way.

If Amy is his wife I can not find a record of it anywhere on any online file at least not in Florida I checked Texas public records and I can not find anything. The only thing I did find about Amy Windham is she is suing someone for defamation in that state of Texas about a post that is here on Rip Off Report.

I say good for her I hope she get's anything and everything from the person that lied about her and her business I would suggest you people of the internet world get your facts straight before you try to bring some one else down.

This is the last time that I will write on this page I get wezzy every time I read it. You people try and make these people look like they are bad people and yet you do not know them.....Not one of us here really know them maybe the ones that are writing the nice things do. The awful truth is that there are only a few of you here that wirte and it seems that you are the same thing over and over again, yet your facts are weak.

You keep saying the same thing it is like a broken record I know one thing it is like music the old songs stop getting played and the new ones are the hits. This is a old hit. I changing the channel maybe the rest of you people here should do the same. And again unlike some of the people on this page at least I have a reason to be on this page I have bought dog's from them again my too are fine....Healthy, Happy, PARTS OF MY FAMILY.....

THERE IS ONE AMAZING THING ABOUT DOG'S THAT I HAVE LEARNED IN MY 62 YEARS THEY ARE A LOT LIKE HUMANS THEY GET SICK, THEY HAVE ACCIDENTS, THEY HAVE BIRTH DEFECTS, ALL THE SAME THE HUMANS DO. We do not know when are children are born if they will get cancer or not. Just as we do not know if puppies will be born with a heart defect. As much as we like to be in control there is a greater power that handles that.

Here is my final line if you did buy a puppy from ANYONE and it did get sick or did not get sick you are part of that animals life in short be happy that you got to be part of it's life it was meant to be part of your's like it or not It is a short life no matter how you look at it they will eventually pass and we will fell the pain of loosing them just like family member's it will happen no matter when where or how all things pass.

Cathy

Casey Key, Florida

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I grew up with Amy Windham and I can tell you she is married to Christian Cabezas who is the son of Janice Cabezas. Amy Windham is definitely selling puppies with these people. She is definitely connected.

PupsPourri does have a connection with this family

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Please do your homework before buying a puppy from a website. This particular website is definitely tied to the Cabezas family. She most likely does not use that last name because of the reputation attached to it. The "Linda" she mentions on the site is also most likely Linda Fromm from Kansas. The Fromms run a very, very large kennel and sell to brokers. You can verify this info from the USDA site.

If "Amy" breeds a few litters of her own now, so be it. Make sure you get one from her stock and that she can actually SHOW you BOTH parents. Also, be sure to check WHERE those parents came from. If you don't get all the answers, don't buy. Simple.

She states on her site that if you can't TRUST her, then don't buy from her. Please take her advice and take her own statement as a warning.

PUPSPOURRI THIS INFORMATION YOU LISTED CAN NOT BE RIGHT!

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Hi I just happened to find this website and found this information about Pupspourri.
And all I can say is WOW! This information has to be the most unfounded that I have seen in a long time.....

I have meet Amy and her Husband, I have been to her home I have seen her adult dogs and puppies.

She is not brokering puppies I saw the Mama to my wonderful little guy.

How can you put up false information trying to tie this wonderful person into some big mess from some family in Florida? It is just wrong. You say check there references like they are false well they are not false. Two of the references are from my family my own and another is from my mother in law who purchased from Amy. She has been nothing but wonderful and she has beautiful puppies. Here is another tid bit of information one of my husbands friends in Boston has a pup and he is great too. So again I think you have this all wrong I know she has found this information by now I hope she finds out who ever you are James and sues the pants off of you hear is anothe tid bit of information that I hope you know that you can get in trouble for it is called DEFAMATION/LIABLE and any lawyer who brings a case to a Judge with the information that you have posted about her and let me tell you he will give them the required information to release your information from this site to the courts. I hope you thought about that.....back to why I'm really here.

SHE BREEDS HER OWN DOGS. I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. I SAW HER HOME AND IT IS A BEAUTIFUL HOME ON 8 ACRES OF LAND FOR THE PUPS AND ADULT DOG'S TO RUN. TO SAY SHE IS BROKERING PUPPIES FROM THE MIDWEST YOU ARE HORRIBLE TO PUT FALSE INFORMATION UP ON A WEBPAGE. IF YOU WANT TO BE A ACTVIST GO JOIN PETA ARE JOIN YOUR LOCAL RESCUE GROUP YOU DO NOT GO OUT AND RUIN A YOUNG LADIES NAME THAT IS BREEDING HER OWN DOG'S AND PLACE LIE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE JUST FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL ENJOYMENT. ESPICALLY WHEN THE STATEMENTS ARE TOTALLY UNFOUNDED.

BEFORE YOU MAKE A BAD DECISION AND BUY FROM SOME BREEDER THAT REALLY IS BROKERING PUPPIES FROM THE MIDWEST OR WHERE EVER THEY COME FROM CALL AMY AND SPEAK WITH HER SHE IS CARING HONEST PERSON. SHE HAS DONE
SHE EVEN DOES ANIMAL RESCUE WORK FOR DOGS AND CATS NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT IS A VET TECH.

AND AGAIN I CAN TELL YOU THAT HER REFERENCES ARE REAL I ASKED TO SPEAK TO ONE BEFORE I BOUGHT MY DOG THE PEOPLE THAT I SPOKE TO SAID THERE DOG "I THINK" WAS A COC-POO WAS WONDERFUL AND THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME GREAT SERVICE THAT I HAVE. I BOUGHT A PUPPY FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE AND THEY NEVER CALLED ME BACK AT ALL EVEN AFTER I CALLED AND TOLD THEM MY DOG HAD KENNEL COUGH. I HAVE SPOKEN WITH AMY AT LEAST THREE TIMES AFTER I HAVE BOUGHT MY JOJO (he is a Yorktese)WHO HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS SO DO NOT LET THIS FALSE POSTINGS PERSUADE YOU IN THE WRONG WAY AND MOST LIKELY TO SOME OTHER BREEDER WHO REALLY DOES NOT CARE.

#17 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

A note to all consumers considering buying a puppy from any of the above named websites. ALL OF THESE WEBSITES are registered to, or have some connection to, Janice Lee Cabezas, Justin Cabezas, Lou Anthony (AKA Lou Cabezas), Kristian Cabezas, Krystal Tyrell-Cabezas, and now Amy Wyndham. JANICE LEE CABEZAS is a convicted felon who had been banned from selling puppies but continues to due so using other people's names and using other family members to do her "up front work".

These people are not to be trusted, they do not breed their own puppies, but instead broker them out of puppy mills in Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri. If you purchase one of their puppies, you are guaranteed to have a future of high veterinary bills due to congenital defects because of over-breeding and inbreeding and a high possibility of receiving a puppy that is diseased and could possibly die.

PLEASE PLEASE read all the testimonials before falling into their trap.

REMEMBER...anyone can make a website look good and it's easy to post fake references from "customers" claiming to have wonderfully, healthy puppies.
Don't believe a word of it. In addition, they are selling puppies on www.puppyfind.com, www.nextdaypets.com, www.breederinfocenter.com and www.dogbreedinfo.com.

Google these websites and phone #'s and you will see for yourself that they are a large-scale breeding operation trying to pass themselves off as family breeders.

JUST CHECK OUT THEIR CRIMINAL PAST FROM FLORIDA BEFORE THEY FLED TO TEXAS TO START IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.lilpuppypals.com

936-273-9753

www.kissablecockapoos.com
no # available

#18 Consumer Suggestion

It's so easy to jump on the band wagon

AUTHOR: Peaches - (U.S.A.)

But all that does it hurt people.. I don't blame them for changing their web site names.. But I do know they all have their own sites and each sells different dogs. They are not the only family breeding biz to do that!

Whatever happen with the mom, happened ONLY with her and as far as I know she is not breeding.

I can tell you Justin is one of the nicest people I have "met". I have talked to him several times in email and on the phone. He is always fast to return an email or call. Whoever said he was odd, get a grip, we are all different in some way and why you thought he was odd confuses me.

And as far as his arrest and conviction goes, had nothing to do with animals..Put his name in google and READ.. He is a kind man who made a mistake as a teen and has tried hard to educate teens and i know that man thinks daily about what happened..

How many of us have made a mistake, done something stupid as a teen , raced cars, got high, ran away, etc.. And most of us were lucky not to hurt another person.. He was not one of the lucky ones.. You could have easily been in his shoes.

As far as all this griping about being done wrong, so far I didn't see much said about your pups..And if you have not gotten a pup from them, SHUT UP you have nothing to contribute.

I can say I actually have a puppy from them and I worked with Justin and he was kind, and sweet and really cares about the dogs and animals in general. He has working with animals most of his life.

I got my pup 3 days ago.. She was well fed, clean and happy. She is a very well socialized pup and just beautiful! She was recently bathed and smelled good. Her crate was clean and she had food and water.

SHe was very good on the hour long drive home and she is just an awesome puppy and healthy!

So I do not understand what you all are whining about...Some of these are 2 years old, and some of the kennel names your using I cannot find any connection with kissable cockapoos or the other ones. I have found 2 other sites that are connected and they do not try o hide it! But each site has different breeds.. and what is the problem with that? ripoff report has turned into a place where people can launch a witch hunt.

I would buy another pup from them ANY day and I am very pleased with my experience with Justin and kissable cockapoos..

Thank you Justin for everything and for my wonderful cockapoo baby..We named her Bonnie;-)

To Eric

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

You should try contacting Mary Ellen Whitehead. She can help you and has already helped hundreds of people (myself included) with complaints against these people. I can't post her phone number or email address without her permission but I can tell you that she lives in Nokomis Florida and has a listed phone number. That's how I found her and she got justice for me!
Good luck and don't give up!

#20 REBUTTAL Individual responds

CORRECTION

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

Typo ... Caribe does NOT respond to any of my emails!

#21 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Bought two Havanese puppies from Caribe Puppies

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

I purchased two Havanese pups with full breeding rights registration from Caribe. I have never received any paperwork from them to file for the registration. They do respond to any of my emails. I would like to know what steps I should take to resolve this situation. I spent over $3,000! HELP!

I own a dog bought from Monami Puppies in Longwood, Florida

AUTHOR: Elise - (U.S.A.)

I bought a puppy from Monami Puppies (lil puppy magic) in the summer of 2005, she was born July 1, 2005 and I picked her up in September 2005. I admit, my children and I thought that Justin was odd, and furthermore thought it was odd that his mother told us we could see the parents of our new puppy when we picked up her up, however when we arrived Justin refused us that stating they were not there (even though in the front room of the house we could hear dogs barking).

Well, we instantly fell in love with our new puppy, took her directly to our long time trusted Vet, and she checked out perfect. She has been the best dog in the world, the best in every single way....and the only regret we have is that we didn't buy one of her siblings. I have spent about 1.5 years trying the old emails I had for them, and searching online for them because I have many friends and family who want one just like mine.

Today I found my receipt and typed in the names as shown on emails and this is what I find. I have no idea what type of business they run, or what type of people they are...what I do know is the dog I bought from them is the best dog I have ever known. Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness forgot about puppies! It saddens me to know that this is a fradulent company and that other puppies like mine may be in harms way. This is a crime that is much like pedifiles if all that said on this rip off report is even remotely true.

RE: Stacy's post from 11/26/06/Martina Navratilova

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

First of all, there was NO Stacy working at the Cabezas' Venice store when it was raided. I can account for EVERY employee that was on the premises that day! I HAVE IT ALL ON VIDEO TAPE!!! If you want rebut this, What day and time was the store raided, who else was there, what did they seize, how many detectives were there, how many News Trucks were outside, how many boxes of evidence did they confiscate and how long did the whole process take???

Secondly, as far as your claim about Martina Navratilova being a satisfied celebrity client, besides the fact that it "reeks" of Jim Anderson and Wizard of Claws and all of his fabricated "satisfied celebrity clients", it's a blatant lie!!!!

Do you want to know how I know this??? I contacted Martina Navratilova personally, who happens to be a vigilant animal activist ...and here is a DIRECT quote from her...
Tell her I never purchased a puppy there and even if I had, I would not give them permission to use my name and they had better stop using it without my knowledge.
"Can you give me the phone number of the shop..?"

You people DISGUST ME!!! To sink to the level of trying to use a celebrity's name to sell your midwestern, overbred, puppy-mill dogs may help to put money in your pockets, but to break the hearts of children and families all over the country when you charge top-dollar for an overbred mutt and pass it off as a champion will certainly catch up to you one of these days. Remember, "What goes around comes around".

...Last night's joke is tomorrow's reality....!!!!

#24 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Puppy Sold with Fraudelent Pedigree and Forged AKC Registration

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a Havanese from Lee, Louis Anthony, and Justin Cabezas. My puppy just reached the 1 year mark and I today 3/26/07 had his OFA Certification done. I paid for full registration rights to this male havanese and have recently found out that my name was forged on the AKC Registration papers. I never got the application to register the dog and the breeder listed on the AKC registration is Dawn Coffman. The two sites I bookmarked when purchasing my dog now comes up as JENN'S Havanese located in Texas and the second bookmarked site comes up as Krystal selling pugeranians. Her web site listed is much-adopoo. Be careful buying public. My suggestion is visit the facility, check out your pet and don't go by comments posted on the sellers website as referrals.

Barbara
Georgia

#25 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Repeatedly changing names and websites does not give credibiliy to what Lou Anthony and the Cabezas family does for a living. They are still not explaining clearly to buyers where they get their dogs from on their sites. I would think all buyers would be interested in knowing that the dogs they buy make a long road trip to Texas across state lines before the age of 8 weeks and before the buyer has them flown out of Houston. (My puppy traveled 588 miles and crossed 2 state lines in a car or truck. I had a right to know that.) In my opinion, these people are liars. LIES OF OMISSION ARE LIES!!

sixthdaykennel.com.... if you didn't know better you would think that "Kris, Donna and Kevin Foster" all have the last name of Foster, wouldn't you? Not true... Kris Cabezas doesn't have his last name listed. Why? Because these are such honest, reputable, Christian people? I think not. You'd also think by reading that statement that the Foster family owns this business... if true, why visit with Lou in his home in Texas? Don't the Fosters live in Arkansas or some other state?

I have filed my own victim report under Sixth Day Kennel and hope to help others avoid this business that sets themselves up as a "small family kennel" and a "Christian family".

They'll probably go underground and resurface as another name or websites though. Seems to be their M.O.

A G.E.D. get off the page if you have nothing to say

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

First off I have a Master Drgee in Psychology Social/Personality from Yale Universty so you may want to take your very own advice James. As I have used my "Old Money" not only to help myself get ahead in life; I have used to help other people get ahead. I'm so sorry I didn't profread my "BLOG" before I sent it in so sorry. I do have to ask James you said like mother like son you have yet to clairfy what that means. Or what it has to do with KRISTIAN pet stores or anything to do with dog sales do you even have a pet from his store? Guess we will never know! As you would rather put me down than try and really prove what you where trying to say. Oh I forgot there is no link to any sort of truth in that comment...

#27 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Forgot to include to my first post.

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

Sorry I forgot to include this. As I said in my previous post That I had alot of Happy Customers.
I was given a Beautiful Golden Retriever puppy from one of my Happy Customers as a thanks for selling them there Very Healthy Goldens. They had just had a Litter of 10 puppies, all of them Healthy!! They said how much they miss the Puppy Shoppe and coming in and playing with the puppies. They also went on to say all the other Pet Stores are Dirty and smell so they won't go to them. Also Martina Navratilova the Tennis Star bought a French bulldog from the Puppy Shoppe and is very Happy with him.

#28 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Forgot to include to my first post.

#29 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Stacy - (U.S.A.)

I want to thank Cathy in Nokomas. I used to work for Lee and Justin at all the Puppy Shoppes. I was there when the Police raided the Venice Store.

As far as the two Dead Puppies in the Freezer goe's No one knew that they where there. We suspect that an Ex-Employee planted them there, as they were behind Bales of Shreds in a Freezer that is never used. The puppies that I sold for Lee were all Healthy and Happy. I know that the Vaccines were given because I held the puppies as the Vet. gave the shots.

I sold an avarage of 50 puppies a month, and the other employees about the same. So were talking about maybe 1,800 puppies a year. So you do the math. That makes about a 90% Happy Custamer rate. Not bad. People like Cathy who are Happy Customers made my Job great, and People like Mary that have nothing better to do with there lives except head a Witch Hunt made my job a Nightmare.

I know the truth and Mary I'm sorry you don't. I would buy a puppy from Lee and Justin anyday. They were great to work for and I miss them deaply. Cathy Thank you for writing the Truth about the Cabezas.

Misty Oak Cockapoos

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to say that I almost bought a puppy from these people. I think that they are doing the same thing they did in Flordia, but now they are in Conroe,Texas!! I decided to put a deposit down on one of their puppies. The next day their website said she was sold. I checked back the next day again and she was not sold. The dog had a link next to her picture that said Buy Now. I emailed "L Anthony" to ask why she was not sold. Later that day I found this site.

I called them and asked for references and more pictures. They said they would email me some. They never did. Instead they sent us an email saything "We were too stressed and insecure about our purchase." I don't think being stressed is asking for a reference!!! They refunded our deposit. Also when I looked at their paypal account it is listed as coming out of California.

Please be careful when buying from Misty Oak Cockapoos. I am not sure if they really have any cockapoos, but I know they are just out to make money!!!!!
The website is www.mistycockapoos.com
They are in Conroe,Texas. BE CAREFUL!!!!

Cathy makes a good point

Cathy,

I don't think there is any need to ask the rest of us if we think you may be a simpleton. Your last post proved it.

Why don't you take some of your "old money" and go back to school and get your G.E.D.

Another sad breeder story..so many of them

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

it is awful.......people should care about animal rights more than allowing breeders to populate this world with so many puppies. These dogs are breed and breed and breed beyond healthy. being a brooker (sp.) from my understanding of this article is someone that has puppies, but the puppies aren't theirs , but they are selling them anyway? Please clarify.........anyways, people go to you local shelters and animal control units, there are tons of healthy companion dogs in this world. One of my dogs came from a breeder, not a good experience at all, I have an adopted beagle mix that is extremely well mannered boy. Support local shelters first is my thoughts on getting a puppy, then find a local breeder, that doesn't OVER BREED their dogs and it is not a money game to them, go to their house, investigate it personally see the puppies prior to buying them, learn from your mistakes, as I did, and learn from the mistakes of others like the ones posting on this board, thanks Ripoff for your services.

I Guess the Truth Never Fully Gets Told

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

It is really low that you have to make some look like something that they are not.....
Justin was young and behind the wheel of a car and had A CAR ACCIDENT which is A CAR ACCIDENT wich means it was A ACCIDENT for people that don't think others actually read the paper or watch TV if you did watch any type of Talk Show you would know that He now talks Nationally to help other young people not make the same mistakes he did....

So like mother like son what are you saying do you think all of us out here have some sort of ADOLESCENT minds or do you just think we are all SIMPLETONS that we will not seek out the real truth or that we don't know how to read a probation report... I forgot the truth is very rarely liked when you are trying to make people look worse then they really are. Instead of trying to HURT some ask how to help that would be to much of a good thing I feel sorry for the young man he has to deal with the fact that he killed 2 people for the rest of his life I think I would have go carzy however the rest of us out here never had a accident before...I am sure it falls on DEAF EARS and before someone else says he must have been on something no he was not on drugs or drinking he made a a honest Yet VERY SAD mistake. Also to the comment that they don't breed dogs I saw there very own Bitchs in there stores on more than one occasion with there puppies so how could they not breed there own dogs...Also they found one dead Dog not a Puppy and a Kitten in the freezer of there store they where having them sent off to the State Lab to have a Autopsy done they weren't just sitting there for no reason I'm sure. I know that for a fact a employee of Sarasota Animal Services told me but what do they know they just work there. Agian trying to make points that are not on the full line of the truth. If you acutally read the articles here on this page that have been posted the State only felt Comfortable with going for this one charge. My husband had a many cases with the State over his 31 years of practing so I will agree with his sum of it. Also if you read the State Dropped the 16 charges for the Health Certifactions! Next his Stores where open from 1998 to 2005 they must have gone through alot of puppies in that time period. They had along the lines of 40 puppies at a time in each store... and new puppies every week. Now lets do some basic math they say they have 80 or so people that have restution that are getting paid so with all the publications and TV NEWS that is all they came up with? He was in Business for nearly Seven Years and they got 80 people together he must have sold many and I do meany more puppy than that. He was 19 And had a brand New Mercedes In his own name He had a brand new car every year... He had to have a wonderful business to do that. My point in saying this is you have to prove your income to get a car like that which means Tax Returns Look it up online and you will see all the Taxs for this Business where in Kristians name Not Lee so why the State went after Lee I don't know The Taxs where in Kristian name the Corpartion was in Kristians name Not Lee I think the State was trying to scrap something together to blame it On Lee Or was It a woman on a rampage that didn't like Lee that has husabnd who works for a radio station and had conections... Mrs.Whitehead I was wondering is your name on the list of people getting a sum of the restution being paid out...Or are you giving to people who really need it not people you got there $1000.00 dollars in warranty money and Havanses Female. I paid $1600.00 for my girl and $1200.00 for my male... Which means you made out pretty well In my eyes I know when I bought from "Good Breeder" I went to there home I saw the parents at there wonderfully large home everything looked clean and in oreder. My puppy got Parvo I only had it for four and half days when it past I didn't get a thing back from the breeder except a sorry I was out nearly three thousand dollars after the price I paid for the puppy and vet bills and this was the 80's And I my two children at the time they where pre teens they learned something from it Which is that God gives and takes no one controls life and that we learn from our mistakes I know now that I would never buy another dog from another breeder I had to beg my husband for my first puppy again in 2000 when I went to there store in Venice and got Leeha A Coton de Tulear she is now six years old to got the name and addess of the breeder when I bought the dog The breeder sent me pictures of the parents and invited me to come to there kennel in Tennesse. I have been there It was again clean they only bred Cotons and Jack Russels they said that the Puppy Shop was the only store they ever sold to so if that is the type of breeders that The Cabezas family represnts then I will buy from them any time; I will say that to anyone at anytime PERIOD and as long as you people can "Blog" about this family; so can I. I will start to get all the people I know to start doing the same because there are alot more people that are HAPPY with thier puppies than upset. I'm older I have the time, money,education and wisdom to help this family and I will now that you got me really going. See alot of people here in Sarasota with Old Money don't like the Lime Light but when you get some one like me going with the connections I have belive you me I'm not going to stop.

SICK PUPPIES FOR SALE

AUTHOR: Loren - (U.S.A.)

To Jacqueline from Sarasota and Cathy from Nokomis...

The Cabezas family does not breed puppies. They broker them from puppy mills. Congratulations to both of you for doing your part to support this hideous industry. Because of both of you, the breeding females can continue to look forward to a long, pathetic life locked in a cage producing litter after litter until they are no longer useful to the "breeder" at which time they will probably be sold at an auction to another puppy miller who will try to squeeze one or two more litters out of them.

And since both of you insisted on mentioning how clean the puppies are, I'm sure that the TWO DEAD PUPPIES the detective found in the freezer of the Cabezas' store in Florida were immaculately clean...and I'm sure they were in immaculate health!
___________________________________
Supervised Population Information Detail

(This information was current as of 10/1/2006)

DC Number: S19931

9/18/2006 09:00 Courtroom 4-B CRIMINAL - JURY TRIAL
9/29/2006 08:45 Courtroom 4-B CRIMINAL - ARRAIGNMENT FELONY
9/29/2006 08:45 Courtroom 4-B CRIMINAL - PLEA

Charges:
Statute Code General Offense Character Statute Description Disposition Date Disposition
817.034(4A3) Principal FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS 9/29/2006 Guilty

Docket Information:
Date Description Pages Image
10/30/2006 ORDER - ADJUDICATION GUILTY PLACING ON PROBATION 2 Image
10/19/2006 ORDER FOR COSTS 1 Image
10/19/2006 JUDGMENT - RECORDED 2 Image
10/3/2006 FINAL JUDGMENT FOR FINE AND/OR COST PREPARED AND FORWARDED TO JUDGE CRIM(FGEN) FINAL JUDGMENT FOR FINES AND/OR COST Sent on: 10/03/2006 11:49:08 0 None
10/3/2006 JUDGMENT CREATED AND FORWARDED TO JUDGE CRIM(FGEN) JUDGMENT Sent on: 10/03/2006 11:46:39 0 None
10/3/2006 ARREST BOND RECORD CREATED Ref: Bond/Pwr No.: R2512356221 Initial Charge #: 1 Initial Action Code: FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS Prosecutor Count #: 1 Prosecutor Action Code: FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS Bonding Co.: A.B.C. BAIL BONDS Bond Amount: $15000 The following field(s) on arrest bond 1 have been modified: New Bond Status Added: BOND RELEASED New Bond Status Date Added: 09/29/2006 0 None
10/2/2006 Payment of Court Cost 0 None
10/2/2006 Crime Prevention Felony (F.S. 775.083(2)) Charge #1: FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS Receipt: 532355 Date: 10/02/ 0 None
10/2/2006 Add Cty Court Cost Felony Charge #1: FRAUD SWINDLE-OBTAIN PROPERTY UNDER 20000 DOLLARS Receipt: 532355 Date: 10/02/ 0 None
10/2/2006 CRIMES COMPENSATION TRUST(938.03) FUND-FELONY/JUVENILE Receipt: 532355 Date: 10/02/

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

Again I'm here and I at least have a reason to be unlike Michele from Texas you have never done business with the Cabezas family you don't even know them....

Other things you probaly don't know about there family is that they gave away something like 13 puppies to Make A Wish/Cancer fund raising auctions in the times the stores where open (I attend most of the auctions over the years) they also gave away a Beagle Puppy to To Schultz Family Auction Mrs. Schultz named the Puppy the "Real Snoopy" and I know I was at the auction So there stores I guess weren't all bad.... That Make A Wish and The Schultz family went to them for puppies.... And they would give away puppies each year at Christmas Time something like three puppies would be given away to familys at each of there stores...

You say that they are known for there misdealings with the Havanese Club I spoke with a director there they said nothing of the such she only had good things to say about them I have two Havanese from them and one of them is a AKC Champion and I'm not a member of The Havanese Club and I have bred my dog does that make me bad I don't think so....

So continue making accusations that arent true show how big you are. And L Anthony by the way was not CONVICTED of any thing in Florida again only Lee was.....AND IM GLAD THAT THIS SITE DOES NOT REMOVE ANYTHING SO I HOPE LOU READS IT AND TAKES THE RIGHT LEGAL ACTION...the word slander come to mind again....

And to Mark In VA did you ever think maybe she could have gone to court she could have won Or maybe she did not have thousands of dollars to give to a attorney to take the case to a trail against the state....My husband is a retired attorney and he was not cheap...

So again I'm not here to be a spokes person for there family I find it SAD that only one other person besides me has the guts to speak up against you people. To those of you out there with real problems I feel for you I know my dogs are my children. But for people who have not even done business with Cabezas family come on you have to have something better to do then write untrue things.

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

"No contest" means you're GUILTY!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Enough of this spin BS about "not found guilty of anything." Pleading "no contest" will make the defendant subject to the same penalties as pleading "guilty" or having a trial and being convicted. Legally, he or she is GUILTY.

A "no contest" plea is not a direct admission of guilt, but it is an admission that you would almost certainly be found guilty at the trial, and you want to spare everyone the trouble of that formality.

Judgement

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Put on PROBATION, ordered to PAY RESTITUTION, these are not punishments for an innocent party.

Plain and simple, the CABEZAS family work together in their dog breeding business, if one is guilty of neglect and fraud, they all are guilty by association.

If they were so WELL reputed in the dog business and have bred Havanese show dogs for so long, they would be a member of the Havanese Club of America, rather then being known by the club for their misdealings.

Make sure what you write is true..........

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

First I would like to say I to have bought three wonderful and I do mean wonderful puppies from this "Puppy Mill Store" to that I laugh..I have bought from them again since they have moved to Texas...I had a problem with a Kennel Cough and it was covered and all of my vet bills where paid as there warranty said it would... I also have to add to this point that you really should not write thing that are not true Yes Lee cannot sell dogs for five years.....But she was not found guilty of anything also no one else in the Cabezas Family was found or charged of doing anything..

In no way where any of them found of any sort of animal abuse...Where any of you people that write here ever in any of Kristian Stores (I must say that as if you look on Sunbiz.org you will see he was the Pres. Of Bahuaka Inc.) they where Spotless the puppies where always kept clean the store always smelled the best that a Puppies Store could Kris's stores where not closed down by any out side force it was done by his own free will. And for people like Mrs. Whitehead or Mel you forget to tell people that you did get your warranty money back and a replacement puppie more than the warranty provided....I know this from talking to there store manager Wendy.

I'am sure they had people out there you had real problems but to the people like Michele in Texas think about what you write about people before you write it. Justin nor Lou have no reason not sell puppies The Cabezas I know breed Havanese and they are one of the top kennels in the country they have produced more champion puppies then any other kennel...Lou is a retired dog show judge and retired (I think) from The Department of Defense and he was a Detictive in New York...So if you are painting a picture about some one make sure you paint the whole thing not just the parts you want....In closing I have bought a puppy from them as I said since there move to Texas from Kris....and Sabrina a Havanese IS AWESOME She came to me basicly house broken happy and healthy.....So final words GROW UP people and make sure what you write is true not something else I think its called Slander otherwise.....

Puppies For Sale

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - (U.S.A.)

I have conducted business with the Cabezas' Family for years and every transaction has been a pleasant one! My last dog I received as a gift from the family and she has been healthy, adorable and just a joy to own.

My family is involved with breeding and showing dogs. We have been to many breeders and have found horrible things happening with AKC breeders. I have seen and been around the Cabezas puppies and can verify that the health / conditions that the puppies are in is immaculately clean.

I would not have any problem recommending the Cabezas!

Thank you!

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

The additional info was very helpful and is very much appreciated.

To David/Nell in Texas,

On Setember 29, 2006, Cabezas' defense attorney Donald Grieco, stood outside of the Sarasota County Judicial Center after his client was sentenced and announced to ABC News and FOX News that his client was relocating to Texas.

Michelle from Texas, I'd really like to talk to you but do not want to post my email address. My phone number is listed. Please try to contact me.

Thanks!

Try intelius search on the name, they all come up listed together

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

You can take your chances or look at all the rip-off reports on these people under Pet stores/Animal Services, then look at the Interent postings as you did, look under Justin, her son that had loads of sites devoted to talking about his drag racing that resulted in a child and her father's death, under that you will also see Janice and Lou mentioned.

Basically, with all the Internet sites and Intelius people search, these are the only Cabezas in the U.S. that are all listed together in Florida, where their problems began.

You caller ID would tell you the name Justin Cabezas when you receive a call from them from Conroe, then the name under Puppy Find is Lou Anthony, then the Florida articles about the pet shop abuse mention Justin, Kristin and Janice.

I find it very all very coincidental.

We all just try to report on these things to keep people from possibly suffering the hardships that others did.

I am so grateful that I saw these reports before I purchased a puppy from this breeder. Maybe the puppy would have been fine, maybe by some wild coincidence there is another family with the same name that is in the puppy business and doesn't seem to have any listing in the United States.

However, I prefer to not take such risks when there are other breeders out there with the same puppies, same prices, same area of the country, and also have many sites that searches come up on them with good information, as well as, being a member of the breed club they are representing.

This is all the factual information I can give, you can take it as you wish, good luck.

(((link ROR redacted)))

Please provide a valid connection for this allegation

AUTHOR: Nell - (U.S.A.)

While I do not argue your findings on Janice Cabezas (as I did a Googel and Yahoo search), I have tried to do additional searches and cannot find a connection to her and the address and phone number in Conroe, Texas. How did you make the connection?

This allegation if true, would be very beneficial to prospective puppy buyers, yet very detrimental to the breeder at this address if not true.

The only thing I have been able to find is that "Mon Ami" is a very common puppy seller name.

I am interested in buying from this seller, but need more factual information.

David in Tx

Thanks Amanda for your reporting!

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for keeping us posted on the updates on the Cabezas.
Unfortunately, only Janice got prosecuted and the rest of the family, Justin Cabeza, Kristin Cabeza, and Lou Anthony can keep on selling puppies to unknowing customers.
I hope somehow, they have learned some lessons from all this, but criminal minds are difficult to rehabilitate.

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

No contest plea in pet hearing
RICHARD DYMOND
Herald Staff Writer

SARASOTA - Former East Manatee pet store owner Janice Cabezas pleaded no contest Friday to scheming to defraud, a third-degree felony, for selling puppies with fraudulent pedigrees.

She agreed to pay more than $22,000 in restitution. Cabezas also was placed on five years' probation.

Sarasota Circuit Judge Charles Roberts also ordered that Cabezas perform 100 hours of public service and told the woman she could not work or volunteer in any field involving the pet industry during her probation.

Cabezas, a former Parrish resident, had stores in East Manatee, North Port and Venice. Those stores all closed in 2005.

Cabezas will make restitution to about 85 pet owners, Assistant State Attorney Jeff Young said.

Among them, Loretta Lovre, who said she paid $2,000 for an English bulldog whose pedigree is in question. She will get $1,000 in restitution.

The pet owners, who all claim they were sold sick or misrepresented puppies, were orderly, although the bailiffs scolded them for clapping wildly after a statement was read by their spokeswoman, Mary Ellen Whitehead of Venice.

Taylor Whitehead, a Laurel Nokomis Elementary School student, cried during his mother's emotional statement, which touched on his Havanese puppy named Havana, who died of distemper during Hurricane Charley on Aug. 13, 2004.

"I remember looking into her big, brown eyes and feeling so helpless that I didn't even have the option to help her or to end her misery humanely," Whitehead said. "She suffered until the very end, and I just had to sit there and watch her die, all because Janice Cabezas didn't give her a simple 75-cent vaccine."

In her lengthy statement, Whitehead accused Cabezas of forging state vaccination certificates, selling fraudulent warranties, consciously selling puppies with disease and chronic medical conditions and misrepresenting the breeds and the origins of the puppies sold.

Cabezas' defense attorney, Donald E. Grieco, interrupted Whitehead during her speech and argued to Roberts that Whitehead was going beyond the scope of what is allowed in a statement.

Roberts overruled Grieco.

After Whitehead's statement, Young rose and told Roberts there wasn't enough evidence to back some of the claims Whitehead had just made.

Young said the pedigree charge was the only one the state was comfortable pursuing.

Roberts, however, told Cabezas he would accept a plea of guilt from her, rather than no contest.

Grieco and Cabezas left the courtroom for 15 minutes to confer.

After they re-entered, both attorneys and the judge had a meeting at the bench and Roberts changed his position and agreed to accept Cabezas' plea of no contest.

Cabezas was not available for comment after her plea.

A call was left with Grieco, but was not returned Friday afternoon.

"We feel as if it was a victory, even though we were hoping for more," said Whitehead after the hearing was over.

Whitehead made it her mission to keep all the pet owners informed on the case by e-mail and phone over the past two years, said Jack Anderson, who said he paid $800 for a cockapoo that didn't have any poodle in it.

"I have more poodle in me than my dog does," Anderson said. "But Mary Ellen did an incredible job keeping everyone in the loop. We owe her a debt of gratitude."

Whitehead said she didn't expect more than a plea deal.

"From the start, we were told that since this was a nonviolent crime, it probably wouldn't go to trial," Whitehead said.

Substantial Evidence for Jen concerning the Cabezas' Puppy Operations

Dear Jen,
I understand your sincere attempts to set the story straight, however, unfortunately, the truth speaks for itself.

It is difficult to discredit actual reports from the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office, the Herald Tribune (Oct 8, 2004), the Sun-HeHearld(Oct 2,2004), the East County Observer, WWSB TV (ABC affiliate station), the Osprey Observer, and the Animal Abuse Database Profile at Pet-Abuse.com.

The charges against the Cabezas were stemming from the falsified health documents concerning routine vaccinations that were never given and puppies dying as a result of this.

Janice Cabezas was charged with 16 counts of "Failure to Possess Veterinary Health Certificates For Animals For Sale".
She was arrested again on July 26,2004 on felony charges of scheming to defraud customers of more
than $50,000.

In one county of Florida alone more than 100 residents called to complain about sick dogs purchased from the Cabezas' stores.
Also, the health warranties/3 year health guarantees with Household Pet Protection Inc. in Aurora, Colorado were never honored.
AKC registration papers on the puppies were either never received or had false registration numbers on them.

Granted people can sometimes learn from their failures and be redeemed, but also, abusers tend to be the most difficult to reform.

I hope for the animals sake that they have learned some valuable lessons and have taken the proper steps to correct themselves.

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Dear Jen,

I find it ironic that you titled your rebuttal
"DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ".

The irony is that it appears you sadly never learned to read, or spell, or make a convincing argument, or educate yourself.

The lesson YOU should learn here is "DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE CABEZAS FAMILY HAS TOLD YOU." END OF STORY!

Don't Believe all you read!

AUTHOR: Jen - (U.S.A.)

I will tell you first hand these people you are saying so much about have had and shown Havanese for over 18 years top winning ones! They are the foundation to most of the top show kennels today. Most of what you read is so so untrue its not funny!!

I would buy a Havanese from Justin any day and know I am getting a top quality puppy! He was never brought up on charges. I know the family for years and you are all basing on hear say not fact the Havanese breed they have had for year and year before most of you even thought you knew what they were, and from someone who has been to many breeders homes show, breeders that everyone looks up to what you see on TV or ring side is not what it always seem.

They breed just as many litter a year just in one breed okay they have only 7 litter another breeder with 5 breeds have 30 litter lets do the math folks they and commerical breeding. Think about it.

Everyone looking for someone to blame. Well the nice people next door bred their 2 Bichon together. Guess what its no better. No testing was done and it was not done to improve the breed and they have not a clue what is behind either parent. Those puppies are no better and sometimes worse than puppy mill puppies as you call them.

Not all kennels are created equal and those in glass houses shouldn't cast stone including all you pet people out there that want to breed your pet dogs with no knowledege of what the breed should look like or what a breed standard means. So think twice before you toss stones but I would have bought the puppy. I am sure the one you are now getting is not of better quality and I can bet it goes back to their breeding!

SO I would have gotten the puppy. Hey maybe I will since I have top winning Havanese. It's been a few years but in the late 90 and early 2000 I always had dogs in the top 10. Maybe I will go get the puppy from them. I am sure I will be very happy and get many years of enjoyment from one fof the healthest lines of Havanese I know out there. And breed a few more top top winning Havanese.