Complaint Review: Monarch Dental - North Plano

• Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: Jeff — Plano Texas USA
Monarch Dental - North Plano
(both) North & West Plano TX offices Internet United States of America

Monarch Dental - North Plano Bright Now poor dental workmanship, administrative and accounting blunders Internet

First I will say that this is not my typical character in writing this report.  I am a manager of a well known north american defense contractor and my division specializes in PD and FD communications.   Most people who know me would tell you that I am a good Dad and a family oriented person.

This issue though has required excessive residual rework, consumed many hours of my time, and depleted my dental benefits....to the extent that I felt it necessary to forewarn other dental consumers to avoid these two Plano Texas region dental providers.

Not surprisingly, I see this particular Monarch office is mentioned in yet another consumer filed report on this website.

My ordeal began in 2008 with a poorly performed root canal that after several months of infections the provider Monarch (regional executive management) agreed to extract and replace with a dental implant and crown at no cost.  I accepted the offer with the agreement that the procedure cost would be absorbed by Monarch with no impact to me or my insurance company, obviously all in writing. The dental implant procedure was performed by Monarch.  Even though it consumed much time, the work itself turned out relatively ok (but not completely).

My ongoing problem now is that Monarch in fact filed a claim with my insurance company for the costly procedure, months after the procedure, and without me knowing until I started receiving letters and invoices saying I owed Monarch for "my portions" of the implant procedure which had been committed by Monarch.

This could be the result of administrative shortfalls or two offices that can't communicate, I don't know.  But, as of 2010 I am still recieving such letters, and I'm still in ongoing contact with Monarch in coaxing their administration into retracting the billing and make their commitment right.  Thus far, my insurance benefits have maxed out and I have ended up paying more on the tail end of maxed out benefits than if I had just walked away in 2008 and taken my business somewhere else.

That's what I'm advising you to do. Take your business somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monarch-Dental-North-Plano/internet/Monarch-Dental-North-Plano-Bright-Now-poor-dental-workmanship-administrative-and-accoun-568177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monarch Dental - North Plano