Complaint Review: Monarch Grand vacations

Monarch Grand vacations
23091 Mill Creek Drive Internet United States of America

Monarch Grand vacations Timeshare RIP OFF, Internet

*General Comment: Timeshare Scams

About 8 or 9 years ago I signed up for a 2 week vacation a year with a time share, monarch grand vacations. The total was about $20,000.00 plus quartile maintenance fees of about $200.00 per quarter.

I have paid off the $20,000.00 and my maintenance fees have risen to $350.00 a quarter over the years. I can no longer afford the maintenance fees and want to get rid of the time share. The resorts are all on the West coast and I have since moved to the East coast. I have not used the time share in years so I no longer have a use for it. With several attempts to sell and or just give it away I have been unsuccessful.

I have called Monarch several times to get out of the fees, They tell me if I do not pay the fees it will go to a collection agency, show as a foreclosure and be on my credit report. I have fully paid for the timeshare so how can it be a foreclosure? They told me they are not in the business of buying or taking them back. I have said than just remove me as an owner and be done with it. They stated this is not acceptable and I would again be referred to a credit agency. How can I get out of this? Is this legal and can it go on my report as a foreclosure?

This is a total ripoff and not worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 05:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monarch-Grand-vacations/internet/Monarch-Grand-vacations-Timeshare-RIP-OFF-Internet-1007683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monarch Grand vacations

#1 General Comment

Timeshare Scams

AUTHOR: ThomasR - ()

I’ve always been wary of timeshares, and for good reason, apparently. The upside is that the cost of staying in a hotel includes room service, cleaning, etc – things you don’t get during your stay in a timeshare. I can see how it could be considered an “investment in lifestyle,” but that seems like a wasteful and silly way to spend my money. That’s just me. I recommend you to read these articles on how to get out of a timeshare:(((REDACTED)))