• Report: #772005

• Submitted: Thu, September 01, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, September 06, 2011

• Reported By: Steve — Folsom California United States of America
Mondial Assistance

Mondial Assistance Avoid Their Worthless Event Ticket Insurance, they say, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Wow!

*Consumer Comment: Questions

*Author of original report: Very Sad Response

*UPDATE Employee: Access America's Help Team

Total Waste of Money! They market event ticket insurance stating that if you get sick or can't attend, you will get your money back. You have limited time to read and understand their fine print when you are purchasing tickets on-line as you will loose your selection if not completed in a few minutes.

My wife got sick from something she ate at dinner just before the event. Let's just say she needed to stay near the bathroom and would not have been able to attend. They wanted a doctor visit and note within 72 hours of the event. This was a weekend, an ER visit would have easily exceeded the cost of the event and was not warranted.

The BBB online was absolutely useless in this case as I suspect they are most of the time. Mondail hides behind their terms and conditions but when you read them, it's pretty evident that they don't have to pay out on many claims because it's not finanically feasible to do what is necessary to meet their conditions.

If someone dies, they want a death certificate to pay back what, $50 to $100 in tickets? Give me a Break!!! This company is a complete waste of money, and they really don't live up to their claims.  Another thing they claim to cover is traffic issues preventing you from making the event. How the heck do you prove that?!?

Avoid them at all costs and tell all your friends and contacts to do the same. Better to just take the loss on the tickets than try to fight with complete rip-off called Event Insurance from Mondial Assistance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mondial-Assistance/internet/Mondial-Assistance-Avoid-Their-Worthless-Event-Ticket-Insurance-they-say-Internet-772005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mondial Assistance

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Event Insurance?

What a nifty way to screw over people!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Other than your word, what proof do they have that your wife was sick?

Let me turn this around.  What if you were the one who issued the insurance?  Would you pay off on the claim on just a person's word?  If so, it is sad to say but you would not be in business very long because you would have many people taking advantage of you.

As for the couple other conditions.  It is very common among businesses to require a Certificate of Death to prove that someone died.  You would think that people wouldn't lie about a person dying.  But to when it comes to money, even $50, you can bet that some will.  The only one I agree with you on is the delay because of traffic.  I really would wonder how you could prove that one.

Very Sad Response

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Please don't patronize me. The situation was covered, the terms just required a costly doctor visit that would have increased my loss.

The bottom line is that the event insurance cost and including the cost to get a claim approved is simply not feasible.

I stand by my original statements. This insurance was a complete waste of my time and money and I will never purchase it again and I will continue to tell my story to everyone I know. I've already had a number of my family and friends agree with my complaint as they've seen the same issues.

Very Sad.

Access America's Help Team

AUTHOR: Help Team - (United States of America)

Dear Steve,
Were sorry to hear about the circumstance that caused you and your wife to miss your event. Event Ticket Protector insurance protects consumers ticket investment against unforeseen medical, travel, and other circumstances that prevent them from attending an event. Its important to remember that like any other type of insurance, there are terms, conditions and exclusions that affect coverage.
We provide customers with a full description of our terms and conditions before they purchase the policy, as well as by email when the purchase is complete.  We also give customers a 10 day free look to examine their insurance policy.  If they decide the policy doesnt meet their needs, they can cancel the policy within 10 days for a full refund.
We care about your experience and we're sorry your situation wasn't covered. If you'd like to further discuss the result of your claim, please contact us directly at Help.Team@AccessAmerica.com with your policy number, and we'd be glad to look into it.