Complaint Review: Monet Ford

• Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: Supreme Allied Commander — Albuquerque New Mexico
Monet Ford
Main Street Socorro, New Mexico USA

Monet Ford I Picked up my remote FOB for the Explorer on Friday from the Parts Department at Monet Ford in Socorro. The parts guy told me to see the service manager to get it programed. The service guy tells me, you’ll have to pay me $68 to program it. I said “you’re not serious, how complicated could it be”. He says it’ll take “30 to 45 minutes and I have to use the computer”. I said forget it and I leave. Socorro New Mexico

I Picked up my remote FOB for the Explorer on Friday from the Parts Department at Monet Ford in Socorro.  The parts guy told me to see the service manager to get it programed.   The service guy tells me, you’ll have to pay me $68 to program it.   I said “you’re not serious, how complicated could it be”.  He says it’ll take “30 to 45 minutes and I have to use the computer”.    I said forget it and I leave.

At home in Albuquerque, I pull this up on the internet.   Now I ask you, is this not crooked or what??

Instructions

• 1Climb into the Explorer                         and close the doors. Press "Unlock" on the door switch.
  • 2 Insert your key into the ignition and rapidly turn it between the "Off" and "On" positions (I and III) eight times. End with the key in the "On" position. At this point, you'll hear the doors lock and unlock, letting you know that it's in the programming mode.
  • 3Push any button on the key fob to synchronize it, either "Lock," "Unlock" or "Alarm." Repeat this step with multiple remotes if necessary.
  • 4Turn the ignition to the "Off" position. Remove the key from the ignition. Test the key fob by locking the door.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2014 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monet-Ford/Socorro-New-Mexico-78801/Monet-Ford-I-Picked-up-my-remote-FOB-for-the-Explorer-on-Friday-from-the-Parts-Department-1131038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monet Ford