Complaint Review: Monette Ford

Monette Ford
1261 Frontage Road Socorro, New Mexico United States of America

Monette Ford SCAM ARTIST Socorro, New Mexico

*Consumer Suggestion: A happy repeat Monette customer

I am a single woman who brought in my vehicle to Monette Ford to trade in for a larger vehicle. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my vehicle...as a 2003, it has only 35000 miles plus it has a  custom sound system, Pirelli tires, Razor rims and a Clifford 2-way, keyless entry alarm. Of course, iut has no mechanical problems whatsoever. I simply need something larger.

Despite the fact that my vehicle is 4 years NEWER and had 109500 miles LESS than the vehicle I happened to look at (I had already decided not to make the deal...any idiot would have done the same, but I was curious as to what his offer would be), the manager tried to convince me that HIS vehicle was worth 4 grand MORE  than mine and said I would have to finance FOUR grand, AFTER trading in my vehicle. His vehicle had a broken CD player and the alignment was off.

His "quote" was in spite of the fact that I physically had a copy of the Kelley Blue Book value on my vehicle with me. His "offer" was so ludicrous that I almost laughed in his face.

Instead, I politely said, "There's no way that your vehicle is worth anywhere NEAR eight grand.  Good day." And I left.

Then I went home and did a Kelley Blue Book on the vehicle he CLAIMED was worth 8500.00. To no surprise, the KBB Value on the vehicle was 3500.00.
Unreal!

He assumed, (incorrectly I might add), that being a single woman at a used car dealership makes you fair game.

I would suggest to anyone considering going to Monette Ford to make the short trip to Los Lunas instead. Or even go to Albuquerque.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monette-Ford/Socorro-New-Mexico-87801/Monette-Ford-SCAM-ARTIST-Socorro-New-Mexico-1044727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monette Ford

#1 Consumer Suggestion

A happy repeat Monette customer

AUTHOR: kindbutfirm - ()

I live in Socorro and so far I have bought two used cars from Monette.  The first car was a gem.  The price was right and it provided great service for many years. For that reason I just bought the second one.  I think it will be good.  It drives very well but has a significant intermittent mechanical problem (that Monette, legitimately) might not have noticed.  Because of this problem I returned the car a few days after purchasing it and told them I was sorry but I wanted to cancel the transaction.

Instead they offered to fix it for free.  The repair would otherwise have run probably a thousand dollars.  We'll see how the repair goes but I think Monette cares about its reputation in our small town and that they are MORE not less flexible and honest than dealers in Albuquerque.  Regarding pricing, I agree with the person who filed the report to which I am responding that they price high. For both of the cars I bought I believe I ended up negotiating a price that was less than 60% of the initial asking price.  However I disagree that Monette is worse than other dealers around the state.

I saw the same sorts of list prices at Larry H. Miller and other dealers in Albuquerque.  Any consumer who does not bring the Blue-Book price with them, and INSIST on it, is setting themselves up.  For both my cars I got prices that were close to Blue Book.  (I think used cars in New Mexico are a little higher because of relatively low volume).   Regarding the sexist comments alleged; I can't comment on those.  I'm a middle aged man and I certainly don't think young women should be taken advantage of.