Complaint Review: Monex

• Updated: Wed, May 07, 2014

• Reported By: RMT — halifax Maine
Monex
Nationwide USA

Monex Money ExpressPayment Tech Long-term, unreasonable contracts, terrible customer service, Auto-renewal for further long-term Montreal, Toronto. Ottawa Nationwide

I have a similar story to most others that I've read on this site. I called in Dec '13 to discontinue my service with Monex/ Money Express as my business was closing. I was told my contract auto-renewed the month before for another 4 years! No notice; no heads-up.... nothing. If I wanted out it would cost me $2000+

I kept my business account open over the next few months to close up outstanding transactions. Monex made a few small withrawals from my account, which I tried to have resolved but wasn't terribly concerned until they decided to grab $500. "Customer Service" rep told me to fax my bank statement & this charge would be reversed.... then says, "Ooops, actually, sometimes when an account is inactive, we'll charge an inactivity charge of $500". I was advised to call the "legal dept", which apparently is one guy - the muscle.

Did they not get it? I'm out of business! My account is now in the red by $200+. I have now blocked them from further transactions & am hoping my bank will help. Not sure what else to do as it seems nobody is getting any satisfaction through Monex.

*Aside - my location says I'm in Maine. I'm actually in Nova Scotia, Canada but there were no Provincial drop-down choices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Monex/nationwide/Monex-Money-ExpressPayment-Tech-Long-term-unreasonable-contracts-terrible-customer-serv-1144887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Monex