Complaint Review: Money Edge

• Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: dwightgal57 — Dwight Nebraska United States of America
Money Edge
4501 Forbes Blvd. Lanham, Maryland United States of America

Money Edge My Money Edge charges on my credit card without my consent. $16.95 per month for 15 months before I actually looked at my bill. Not knowing what this was, I called the number on my card statement to find out what t Lanham, Maryland

*General Comment: You said it yourself!

I finally looked at my credit card bill that came in the mail. It's been paid off so I didn't know why I was  even getting a bill. I guess I should have been reading my bill every month. I found a charge of $16.95 10/03/11 to MONEY EDGE and their phone number in MD (Maryland).

Then I decided to check last month's bill and found the same charge of $16.95  08/31/11.  Next I tried a search on the internet. At first all I could find was Money Edge/Easy Saver  SCAMS!!  Beware!
I was unable to find out what type of company this even is, so I called the phone number on my credit card bill. I got the automated phone service where you end up pushing buttons.....finally cancelled this "membership". A few "buttons" later, I reached a LIVE person.

I couldn't even understand the woman on the end of the phone line! I asked what type of business this was and all she really said was check the website or we can send you some info out. I said I had just cancelled but wanted to know what it was and for how long they were taking money from my credit card. She asked me for my name, address, phone, etc. and then found that the $16.95 has been coming off my credit card since July of 2010!  That's 15 months - totals $254.25!  She said it's not cancelled! I told her I just cancelled on the automated service. She said it wasn't but she would cancel it for me.

I know it's my fault for not catching it sooner, but I have NO IDEA how this got started. She said I should've gotten a $25 Wal-Mart gift card. I NEVER DID!  She said it was probably from doing a survey to get a free trial, but I never okayed any credit card charges to them or anyone!!

I asked if they could waive the payments since it was something I didn't want, something I didn't know I even had, nor something that I ever got any use of and never would. She said she would refund me $33.90 .... so I guess I'm out $220.35!!! My next call will be to my credit card company but so much time has passed, probably won't help.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Money-Edge/Lanham-Maryland-20706/Money-Edge-My-Money-Edge-charges-on-my-credit-card-without-my-consent-1695-per-month-fo-787600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Money Edge

#1 General Comment

You said it yourself!

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

You said it yourself "I guess I should have been checking my bill every month!"

Always check any bill that you receive!!!!!!!!