Complaint Review: Money Plus Savers

• Updated: Wed, September 11, 2013

• Reported By: anon — San Jose California
Money Plus Savers
, Select State/Province USA

Money Plus Savers Money Plus Savers (MPS) Membership Clubs, Create Electronic Checks Internet

I don't believe this "company" actually exists. I don't know how they received my information, but a charge for $89.00 was taken from bank account in the form of an electronic check generated from my account that did not even have my correct address.

Please note that the check has a "phone number" to call with the "order number" which says to me that the company is prompting you to call to inquire about this fraudulent charge.

After calling the number and being placed on hold a significant length of time, a woman answered. When asked what type of company this was, she responded along the lines of discounts for "retail products and services across the United States."

When asked if I could obtain information on my "order" - she said yes of course -- and could she have my checking number to search for the order.  When told I would would not be giving my checking number, she said "that is no problem, I can search by your social security number."  When told I would not be giving that either, she promptly hung up on me.

In order to obtain any information, you have to confirm your checking and social security number which is a red flag and probably why the company's phone number is listed right on the check to call.  Oh and that "send your check to us to obtain a refund" -- all that does is provide them once again with your checking account number.

I have never heard of this company, most certainly have never been on their website, clicked on any buttons, or authorized debit from my account -- even if I had "unwittingly done so" - which I have not, I should be able to opt out without providing sensitive financial information to my bank account or to my identity.  There's no legit way to opt out of this "membership."

I would just advise not to provide any sensitive information in order to obtain a "refund."  They are just looking for more information to use to fraud.

I've never been a victim of theft like this before and it is very unsettling.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Money-Plus-Savers/Select-StateProvince/Money-Plus-Savers-Money-Plus-Savers-MPS-Membership-Clubs-Create-Electronic-Checks-Inte-1083819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Money Plus Savers