Complaint Review: MoneyPak

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 26, 2012

• Reported By: Gloria — Maplewood New Jersey U.S.A.
MoneyPak
n/a wykoff, New Jersey United States of America

MoneyPak tried to scam money from me saying they were FBI. MoneyPak blocked my PC. They are common thieves. wykoff, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: You often have to pay for your mistakes.

MoneyPak tried to scam money from me.  They sent me a email which said they were from the FBI.  I was shocked.  I  have not committed any Internet violations.  I did not send any money and now I cannot use my computer because MoneyPak has blocked it. This company is truly a gem ripoff.  Why are they still in business?  I have read all the complaints. I am angry.  I have to pay a computer technician to get rid of MoneyPak.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MoneyPak/wykoff-New-Jersey-/MoneyPak-tried-to-scam-money-from-me-saying-they-were-FBI-MoneyPak-blocked-my-PC-They-987231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MoneyPak

You often have to pay for your mistakes.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

This has nothing to do with MoneyPak or the FBI.    You fell for a ridiculous and obviously fake email, clicked on a link to a fake FBI website and installed a trojan program on your own system.

" I cannot use my computer because MoneyPak has blocked it. This company is truly a gem ripoff. "

MoneyPak has not blocked anything.   The malware that YOU installed is the only thing blocking your computer.

For future reference, the FBI does not use email to enforce laws.  If you get an email from the FBI claiming that you've broken some law, it is a fake and you should delete it.   Even if you don't delete it, you should never, ever click on a link in an email from an unknown source.   If you ignore this advice, you will be paying someone to clean your system again.

Lastly, the IP address that you reported in your complaint is your own IP address from Verizon FiOS in Maplewood, NJ.    You really need to get a clue.