Complaint Review: Moneybookers

• Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By:JHB Minnesota
Moneybookers
financial@app-moneybookers.com London, England, Nationwide United Kingdom

Moneybookers, Aka Patrick Armstrong, Aka, Andrew Williams Payment for purchase of product London -

*Consumer Comment: More information about Andrew Williams

Basically, the scam was fake details of a company called moneybookers (which does exist) which is a company that deals with international money transfers etc. I was to purchase a notebook from a person (Patrick Armstrong) who I contacted via an advertisement on Gumtree. He informed me that he would like the payment to be made through Moneybookers and that they would contact me regarding payment details. Moneybookers (via a fake email adress, which I confirmed with the real company) gave me payment details which were incorrect and faked by the person I originally contacted. I made the payment via moneygram and did not hear anything further.

Ryan
JHB, Minnesota
South Africa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2008 12:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moneybookers/London-England-Nationwide/Moneybookers-Aka-Patrick-Armstrong-Aka-Andrew-Williams-Payment-for-purchase-of-product-339855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moneybookers

More information about Andrew Williams

AUTHOR: J. Adler - (United States of America)

I don't know if this is the same Andrew Williams that I have issues with but the email address that he replied to my ad that I posted was williamadrew1969@gmail.com His IP addresses are 173.194.76.18 and 209.85.147.18 His street address is 3347 Shady Spring Ln Mountain View, CA 94040 Andrew also lied to me about being in London or the UK. Hope this helps. Happy hunting.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC